Ratings for Dr. Gilbert T. Selkin

Let me start by saying that I never write reviews, but Dr. Selkin and his staff deserve one. My son needed all 4 of his wisdom teeth taken out, but there was a concern of using sedation because of a family history of Malignant Hypothermia. Dr. Selkin took the time to find us a doctor that would do genetic testing on my son to rule it out. No doctor has ever done that before! I explained this to Dr. Selkin, and he said that we are all patients at some point. He cared so much about my son’s safety, and made it a priority. After receiving the test result which was negative, we scheduled the surgery. Dr. Selkin met with us prior to surgery, and said he would take precautions anyway. The whole office were wonderful and took excellent care of my son. He has had no complications, and has not needed any pain medication. Dr. Selkin is one amazing surgeon whom I highly recommended, and his staff are exceptional!! Marlene & Michael Y.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2018

Dr. Gil Selkin is a highly skilled surgeon with a very caring heart! All three of my children's wisdom teeth extractions, regardless of complex physiology, were performed flawlessly. He is the best surgeon we have ever had.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Dr. Selkin is absolutely the best! Very professional and caring surgeon with a great bedside manner, which is hard to find these days. My surgery was a total success, and nobody can even tell that I had surgery. He has done surgery on several of my family members as well and we all feel the same way! His staff and assistants are awesome too. They are professional and make you feel so comfortable.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

Dr. Gilbert worked on my skin cancer repair with outstanding results and follows through to the end. Very happy and total confidence in him and his practice.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Amazing surgical skills! Professional staff and nice office.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

Highly recommend Dr. Selkin. Great experience with my daughter's wisdom teeth extraction, and exposure of an impacted tooth in the roof of her mouth. Very personalized care. The entire staff is wonderful and they made my daughter feel so comfortable with surgery. She was terrified of having of the surgery and IV and I can not thank Dr. Selkin enough for making this a pleasurable experience for her. Great experience. Thank you!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Extremely poor post surgery care and follow up - little to no communication from Dr. Selkin during healing transition/process

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

After another dental provider completely damaged my mouth by extracting all lower teeth and providing a malfunctioning lower plate, Dr. Selkin skillfully completed surgery and implants to enable me to have a new plate made. Thanks to his expertise I will soon be able to eat again. He and his staff are courteous, caring and professional. I have recommended him to all my family and friends.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Following Mohs surgery, I had a hole the size of a half dollar on my right cheek. Dr. Gilbert Selkin performed the closure following the surgery. His meticulous technique resulted in very little visible scarring. I highly recommend Dr. Selkin.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

There are not enough words to express my appreciation and admiration of Dr Gilbert Selkin and his staff. Upon my first consultation with Dr Selkin regarding a long standing cosmetic issue that had been casually dismissed by many doctors in the past, Dr Selkin immediately detected an issue far greater than purely cosmetic. Dr Selkin was instrumental in detecting a rare degenerative syndrome that I have been struggling with for many years. Dr Selkin and his staff worked closely with me, promptly directing me to the proper treatment and in time, will handle my reconstructive issues. I am truly indebted to Dr Gilbert Selkin and his entire staff and would strongly encourage anyone in need of a brilliant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and compassionate, dedicated staff, to visit this office! Sincerely, Kathleen Boykin

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

Dr. Gilbert T. Selkin's Credentials

• Texas Tech University Health Science Center School Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)

Coventry Healthcare