Ratings for Dr. Ryan D. Lowers

Dr. Lowers is ok for colds and minor illness, however it seems he is always off or going home. Cannot be depended upon for good follow up.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I like Dr. Lowers, but his nurses are problematic. I woke up with a case of shingles--a painful rash all over one side of my face and in my eye. I phoned to see if he could prescribe antivirals, which apparently reduce the length and severity of shingles. The first time I called, I got shunted to an answering system that wasn't working properly. When I called back, I was finally able to get connected to one of his nurses, who kept interrupting me in order to repeat that I'd have to drive in. Did I mention this is IN MY EYE? I can't drive in. I'm 40 minutes away. She sounded miffed that I'd bother her with such an outrageous request: a prescription for medicine because I'm sick and could possibly be blinded if this gets severe. Did she think I was seeking painkillers? If she had looked at my chart, she would have seen that I can't tolerate painkillers. Not ibuprofen, much less anything stronger. I was calling for one of the three antivirals they recommend for shingles. She treated me like an annoyance rather than a person. Shameful. I hope I don't lose vision in this eye.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Dr. Ryan D. Lowers's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)

• Blue Cross Of California