Ratings for Dr. Michael G. Thorstad

Worst service possible. The receptionist, Maribel, has a very nasty attitude towards the people she is attending and skips other patients with appointments. You talk to her and she completely ignores you especially if you question something she is doing. She needs a better attitude or the doctor needs a new receptionist. Sometimes she has the waiting area full of patients while the backroom is empty as well.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS DENTIST!! Was with this dentist 2 yr ago for only 1 month. I felt uncomfortable with what he was doing and I told them I am not coming back, Maribel told me I can NOT do that. They got my insurance claim $1000, and down payment $500, and refuse to refund my down payment, then called me back a couple months later threatening to take me to collections because I "defaulted" on my payments. Their web page is a fake as all the people on the About section is all generic and not real, some other websites use it as well. I hear stories of people that are 3 to 6 years in braces with him that show up at my current dentist with no signs of any improvement. I'm only writing this review now because I saw my dentist today and he told me a brother and sister came into his office earlier this week from Thorstad, in braces for almost 3 years and no improvement. Check link below. I am surprised he does not get sued for lack of knowledge and poor practice. FL Dept. of Health https://appsmqa.doh.state.fl.us/MQASearchServices/HealthCareProviders/LicenseVerification?LicInd=5775&ProCde=701&org=%20

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

Stay away. Stay away. Stay away. MARIBEL is the worst

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Awful place.... They leave when I am suppose to be there for an appointment and then return 10 min later. Always on the phone talking to friends Parking is a mess. There will be 10 of us outside waiting for him to come back from wherever, and it isn't lunch! It's just awful! I left and will never go back,

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Very un professional the lady who works there Maribel is always on her phone on Facebook while doing my teeth , they will start and then not finish

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr. Thorstad is one of the most professional and experienced Orthodontists in the area, not to mention foreign war veteran and Ivy League -- a Columbia University dental school graduate. He has worked on thousands of individuals teeth in a 35 year career.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

So Dr. Thorstad is great. His staff of one is AWFUL. They don't keep track of appointments or payments. You just sort of show up and sign-in. Sometimes there are 20 people waiting. I once asked the balance on my daughter's bill in June and told it was $900 when I asked again after 7 more months of making payments, I was told is was $900. Yikes. I had to pour over my checking account and discovered I'd even overpaid. Since I pointed this out to the receptionist, she's now been treating me poorly. Go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

I started going to Dr. T since I was five years old he has always has been a very knowledgable doctor and he not only treated me for that but later braces and I am more than happy with my result and so is my mother and sister who also has been treated. The staff has always been amazing and Dr. T's belated wife was an amazing secretary and may she rest in peace her soul. The new staff is very family orientated the young secretary who is the assistants daughter is sweet and for being young is very respectful and cordial. As for Dr. T's assistant she is an amazing. It has been recognized by me she at times does 3 jobs in one. Maribel & her daughter are all who do the paperwork and pricing and they are reasonable. As for Dr. t he knows what he's doing. And I would recommend them to anyone. As for office it's spotless and organized. * note pls dr. Ts wife pasted of cancer and during treatment is when the office fell apart and it's now up bk running smoothly .

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

I am very disappointed with how my teeth turning out. He does not take the time. Most visits were a waste of my time. The staff is very unprofessional and the office is not as hygienic as I would expect an orthodontist to be. I would not recommend Dr. Thorstad.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

They are very nice & laid back. Get you right in & out which I love! Dr Thorstad is very nice, honest and knowledgable. He put braces on me and now my 15 yr old daughter. His prices are reasonable and they do payt plans with no credit check!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011