Ratings for Dr. Sunita K. Penmatcha

I thought at first that Dr. Penmatcha was great. She seemed caring, and willing to listen to my concerns, and determined to save me from the agony of my lupus. However, after she decided that she had my lupus under control, she refused to acknowledge any of my continued health concerns. The last time I saw her, she dismissed all of my symptoms despite the fact that I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia by another doctor before I started seeing her--she seems to believe that if she doesn't diagnose it, it doesn't exist and, worse, has acted as if I was just whining or literally faking my VERY REAL symptoms. She even told me that there is "no magic pill" for those symptoms--what kind of statement is that? SHe sure seems to think the pills SHE prescribed for me have done magic!! I would hesitate, very much, to recommend her to anyone else for these reasons.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

Dr. Penmatcha listens carefully, acknowledges her patient's concerns, and explains her conclusions carefully and completely. She is also gentle, a very important trait for a rheumatologist. Her staff are also top-notch, from receptionist/office staff to nursing staff. In addition, I appreciate that she participates in training residents, and am delighted that she is passing on her high standard of care AND caring.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2011