Ratings for Dr. Neil M. Niren

Staff was nice. Office is a bit outdated, but my real issue was this doctor's attitude. He was downright unfriendly. Won't be back

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

my experience with dr Niren was a horrible one. He was very rude and had an attitude the whole visit. He belittles his patients and even his staff. i went once and will never go back to him.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

Neil Niren MD is one of the 3 best dermatologists in Pittsburgh, PA. Here is the experience I would like to share - https://threebestrated.com/dermatologists-in-pittsburgh-pa

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

Unfortunately, I see a LOT of doctors. This was by far the most terrible office experience I've ever had. Absolutely rude right from the get go. I was timely, yet ignored in the waiting room far past my appointment time and later told not to return if I was going to be so late again. Once the doctor saw me, he talked right over me and was condescending when I tried to give him my medical history relevant to the appointment. I was given medication I am severely allergic to and told that it would be fine because it was a cream instead of a pill (seriously??? He'd have known this if he let me finish telling him my allergies), and was told that I better get used to having acne if I wasn't comfortable taking Accutane. My skin is far from needing Accutane. From the way he talks to his office staff, it is no wonder the whole environment is so bad. I don't care how knowledgeable the guy is... he is a jerk. And Google him before you make an appointment.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

I think that Dr. Neil Niren MD is the best! He has always treated my family with respect. He is very friendly, polite and excellent with children. He has treated me, my 13 year old daughter and my 6 year old son. I was very pleased with the treatment that we received. We have visited Neil Niren MD practice on numerous occasions. I have and will recommend Dr. Niren to anyone looking for a dermatologist. He is very intelligent and knows exactly what he is doing. I feel comfortable and trust his judgement without having to question him. Apparently he knows more than the person coming in for an appointment does, since he went to medical school and has been practicing for many years. The staff is very polite and the waiting time is very minimal. I plan on going to Dr Neil Niren MD and taking my children to him until the day he retires.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

My wife and I have been using the services of Dr Neil Niren MD for years. He also treated my son for acne. Neil Niren MD removed a cyst from my daughter's back. We were 100% satisfied every time. I've had or witnessed him removing several different bumps by various methods of surgery. Each time he performed quickly, flawlessly, and fairly painless. Dr Niren has always answered our questions in terms we could understand. While he does move quickly (which I consider a good thing) he actually demonstrates a laid back sense of humour. Maybe others find it objectional, but for me it takes my mind off the procedure. Bottom line, I have and will continue to highly recommend this Neil Niren MD.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

With two parents in nursing for more than 35 years, I am opinionated, unforgiving, and have high expectations of physicians. I say without pause that Dr. Niren is the best dermatologist - of a total of 4 in various cities in which I lived - and one of the finest physicians, in general, that has ever treated me! Dr. Niren has a BRILLIANT mind, does not practice medicine "with blinders on" as many specialists tend to do in their respective fields, and when an in-office procedure is necessary, Dr. Niren's technique is fast, clean, and painless. At the office, I never wait more than 10-15 minutes to be seen by Dr. Niren, and both his nurses and technicians are knowledgeable, kind, and attentive. He is always available to patients, especially in the most urgent situations, often agreeing to "squeeze" an appointment into his already-packed schedule simply because of concern for his patients and passion for his profession. In addition to my experiences, every individual to whom I recommended Dr. Niren has called to thank me immediately after seeing him. Given his wide-range of expertise and treatment areas within the larger practice of dermatology, I recommend patients of all ages with any relevant ailment to contact Dr. Niren for consultation. I cannot provide enough positive feedback of this terrific doctor!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Dr. Niren and his staff are incredibly friendly and welcoming. I came in (following a recommendation from my Mom and her best friend) to have a mole checked and for a general consult. My visit was efficient and productive, without the feel of being rushed. I highly recommend scheduling a visit!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Nirens for over 15 years. He is an extremely intelligent doctor who has always given me excellent medical care. He has always been a very caring, compassionate professional who goes above and beyond to meet and exceed his patients expectations. I highly reccommend Dr. Niren for all of your dermatological needs. He is bar none the best in his specialty.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

Great experience at this office. I would highly recommend him to anyone. They provided me & my family with great care and expertise

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

Dr. Neil M. Niren's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)