Ratings for Dr. Paul Pai

I'm surprised by the other comments. I too was referred by my dentist. During my first visit, we reviewed my case (I need a dental implant to replace a tooth that fractured many years after a root canal). I found Dr. P. Pai to be peronable and very informative. The consultation fee was quite high though. The day of the procedure I only waited in the waiting room 5 minutes. I found the office to be very punctual. I was given two injections of lydocaine with epinephrine to numb me, which it did. The procedure itself was "violent", but the tooth being extracted was huge and had three roots that extended past my sinus. I went home with good instruction, antibiotics for infection, chlorhexadine mouthwash to help heal, and hydrocodone for pain if needed (and told to use regular ibuprofin for pain and swelling). I called five days later with a bad taste in my mouth thinking it was getting infected, but I was told it was bacteria and to use a q-tip to clean the area better. I was also told that I could come in if I wanted. I chose to try better cleaning first, and that worked. My only complaint is the extreme cost. I feel as though staff is nice and the dr. quite competent.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

I was recommended to him by m dentist.I questioned why and was told my dentist couldn't do it.So off I go.Well I waited 20 mins.Got seated in 40 seconds flat he took and ex-ray,shot Novocain in my gum,20 seconds later he began drilling WOWOWOWOW I wasn't even numb yet ,he proceeded anyway and there it was ,I almost shook my own head off.He instantly shot me again more Novocain,instantly he began drilling again and sure enough I couldn't stand it unbelievable shock. I said enough ,he again loads me up this time with more and more and more Novocain till it was dripping down my lip. He continued and sure enough another uh another shock ,then the burning of smoke ,then the filling ,then he says OK your done I will see you back in two weeks to finish ....Not Not .... I waited 2 days call my dentist and said I wasn't going back . He had me out of the chair in a half hour. This man is so not even connected.If you want fast .furious and rough ...this is the place for you.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

Well had to go to him.This guy is so detached from his patients .He is rough,and impatient.He might have speed ,but your comfort is NOT HIS CONCERN..I wont be returning ever.....

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

flag | Submitted April 8, 2012

Very unfriendly staff. From the first moment you walk in you realize that it is all about money. Even worse if you have insurance, as they make obviously less money. They love uninsured patients as they can charge them a much higher fee. They showed lack of empathy and insensitivit to patients' basic needs. Think twice before going, unless you are really desperate.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2010