Ratings for Dr. Thomas A. Parmenter

I couldn't post this review without giving a star, but that's very generous. Between the dates of 1/15 and 3/12 I was at Parmenter's office 7 times, each appointment lasting two hours or longer. He filled five teeth with no issue, two crowns were placed that were ill fitting, became infected and cement has left in these crowns twice. Each of the crowns has subsequently fallen off several times. Tooth 3, due to infection, has since died and I've had to have a root canal. I payed $1,000 for this treatment out of pocket. The endodontist that performed the root canal stated the necrosis was likely due to the ongoing trauma and original infection. During the entirety of my time in his office, Parmenter only did numbing and drilling. He left his untrained and inexperienced dental assistant to do everything else. The work was so bad, Delta Dental intervened on my behalf. They requested the funds they authorized for these crowns, to be reimbursed. The work itself was expensive and I was charged to correct their multiple mistakes while simultaneously calling it a "professional courtesy." Go here only if you are full of self loathing, with lots of time on your hands.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2018