Dr. Debra Shatoff

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Debra Shatoff

Dr. Shatoff is truly an expert in therapy. I have had the pleasure of working with her in a professional development group for over a year. She creates a welcoming environment that motivates flourishing workers in the helping profession. In addition to the professional aspect, Dr. Shatoff has helped me get through my own personal issues by me learning how to properly practice mindfulness on a day to day basis. I am forever grateful for the opportunity to work with her and recommend her to anyone who is searching for a top-notch Therapist.!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Dr. Debra Shatoff is simply the best! She is everything and more that you would want and need in a psychologist. I have been a patient for many years and have met with her independently and as part of a couple. From working through complex family situations to handling intense personal relationships, her work and her ethics are fantastic. Most of all I trust her!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

I had the honor of meeting Dr. Shatoff two years ago and have since been working with her as the leader of a professional development group for mental health professionals and interns. I feel privileged to be able to learn from her. Her depth of knowledge and therapeutic skills are remarkable, and her desire to share her knowledge is greatly appreciated. I’ve enjoyed every opportunity to learn from her for both my personal and professional growth.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Dr. Shatoff is a delightfully rare combination of knowledge, skill, experience, and compassion. She listens well and kindly and challenges me to keener self-knowledge and better founded decision-making and action. She is a bright beacon to my best self, and from our first contact, I knew the results, for me, would be transformative.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

I saw Dr. Debra Shatoff for therapy during a time of painful transition in my life. It was the best decision I could have made. Dr. Shatoff is both kind and wise, and she blends the latest evidence-based research with her own deep experience to provide personalized, effective therapy. With her guidance I was able to weather the storm and come out on the other side stronger, wiser, and happier than I was before. I wish everyone who was going through a difficult time could have Dr. Shatoff at their side.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Dr. Shatoff is an extremely knowledgeable psychologist, who uses evidence-based methods to help her clients deal with a variety of emotional and psychological issues. She’s helped me turn my separation and subsequent divorce into a positive life change, helping me to find my voice and focus on my priorities. I can see so many positive changes in my life that are a direct result of working with her. She balances being supportive while giving focused feedback that helps me think about situations in a new way. I would highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

Dr. Debra Shatoff is a very experienced psychotherapist…in her work with clients she is very professional and extremely knowledgeable . She is thoughtful and is capable of dealing with a wide range of issues. Psychotherapy is a process and sometimes that process is not easy when we have to deal with difficult emotional problems: Debra is capable of taking clients where they need to go and she does it with insightful, carefully crafted responses, explanations, questions and conversation. She should be awarded many gold stars.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

My daughter had seen 3 other therapists for her anxiety before seeing Dr. Shatoff. Dr. Shatoff was the one professional who was able to provide my daughter with the skill set she needed to not only overcome, but to completely surmount the issue. Dr. Shatoff is very skilled, she is an excellent and active listener and she made very good use of time and money. It is obvious that she thinks deeply about the best course of action for each person. She says that she loves what she does and if ever there is a person who is well matched with her chosen career, she is it. We feel blessed to be put in her path. A skilled and professional psychologist and a wonderful human.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

I can't praise enough the excellent work that Dr. Debra Shatoff has done with me. Through her support, intelligent insight, patience, experience, thoughtful feedback and uncanny guidance, she has given me tools with which to cope with difficult situation. She not only rescued me but saved my marriage. She's extraordinary and very special.My experience was that after my first visit, I could see light at the end of the tunnel.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

A good psychotherapist is truly “a pearl beyond price”. Truly, Dr. Debra Shatoff is this pearl. In relating to her patients, Dr. Shatoff is warm, positive, and encouraging. She seems always to look past, or through, her patient’s problems and short-comings to their potential and strengths. Dr. Shatoff has deep, broad knowledge of and experience with a host of community resources and is quick to recommend which of these might best serve the patient’s current needs and situation. She also has deep understanding of the developmental roots of the patient’s symptoms and “stuck places”; she helps the patient encounter, experience, and work through these impasses. She understands the impact on the patient of childhood trauma and has special clinical experience with childhood sexual trauma. She knows how to help patients experience and integrate negative and potentially self-destructive feelings arising from such trauma. Her philosophy of life is positive and forward-looking, striving always toward the most positive, meaningful solution for and outcome of the patient’s negative life experiences. Finally, she and her philosophy life are imbued with spirituality, a special light which shines within and toward her patients.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016