Ratings for Dr. Devon M. Jeffcoat

I have perused the internet, far too much I'm sure, for reports on similar surgeries after having my clavicle repaired by Dr. Jeffcoat. As another reviewer commented, he's not especially forthcoming with long winded explanations. However, none of the reports by other patients treated by other surgeons seemed to have anything close to the success that I experienced with Dr. Jeffcoat and his world class team of nurses, residents and anesthesiologists. He is absolutely the best. My clavicle was broken in many pieces pointing many directions and shortly post-surgery I have almost a full range of motion and relatively little pain considering that i was creamed by a car while on a bike and then had my shoulder cut, drilled, etc. I give Dr. Jeffcoat an 800 on a scale of 1-5. I can call his assistant to ask questions. His work is better than perfect.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014

Dr Jeffcoat performed surgery on my wife's elbow. The surgery was more complicated than the initial x rays showed but Dr Jeffcoat adjusted and used his trama specialty to completely repair the elbow. Following surgery he met with me and drew a picture explaining exactly what he did. He sat compassionately with me and made sure all my questions were answered. Post surgery he has been extremely responsive and caring to my wife and I. We had him paged for a question and he responded within minutes. His bedside manner is superb. As you can imagine, We were concerned going into this but we couldn't have asked for a better experience, doctor, or nursing staff. We sought multiple second opions from family ER docs and all agreed with exactly what Dr Jeffcoat had done and medications prescribed. Great doctor and great guy!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

He comes across as very nice. However, he does not take the time to thoroughly explain things. He does not like a patient asking too many questions. He did not know answers to simple questions. He does not give you personalized treatment. He seems to plug in symptoms into an equation and shoots at answers without subjectivizing the symptoms to the specific patient he is seeing. I would not trust my pet with this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2010

Dr. Devon M. Jeffcoat's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2009)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal