Ratings for Dr. Brooks G. Cofield

As of this month Dr. Brooks G. Cofield will no longer practice medicine... he has sent out letters to patients of his replacement and of his retirement... so rejoice former patients. He is OUTTA HERE!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

One of the most unprofessional Droctor I have ever encountered in my life. He treated myself as if I was not worthy of his time. His words were I can not waste my time on you. Not sure where this comment came from. I made appointment to have a mole checked out .He does not offer gowns or sheet to cover up. When you remove your clothing. What he offers something like tissue paper. I emailed the Doctor that refer me to him. Very very very unprofessional, rude, inconsiderate. My hope people read Yep and not receive any treatment from him

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

I wish I would have looked at the reviews before I saw this provider. Just as others have stated, he is horrendously arrogant and flat out rude. If that isn't enough to deter you, his clinical judgment seems pretty poor as well. His recommendation for my care was demmed "absurd" by two other subsequent providers. I have said before, "I don't need a neurosurgeon to be friendly, I need him to know how to cut into a brain!" Even still, I wouldn't recommend this doc to my worse enemy. He's that bad. Please note, his staff and punctuality are not bad but I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I contributed to more than a 1 star rating for this guy.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

I usually don't feel inclined to use these rating websites when it comes to my day to day business but I felt it necessary to add my opinion and comments here regarding my experience with this practitioner and his office staff. My experience with Dr. Cofield was very disturbing to say the least. I made an appointment for a skin condition and was berated by him for not disrobing completely during the assessment. The skin condition was on my ankle and lower shin area so although I disrobed partially for the exam I didn't feel it was necessary to take off all of my clothes. Dr. Cofield was obviously angry about this even though I explained to him that the affected area didn't warrant complete nudity for the exam. He was completely uninterested after that and refused to listen to anything I had to say. I didn't get any real help for my condition other than a prescription that he angrily signed and a bill for over $200. This place is awful!!!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

I never got to see the Doctor, even with an appointment, valid insurance card and my drivers license, because I couldn't give the office staff an emergency contact number of someone who doesn't live with me. They actually refused to let me see the doctor. I showed up 25 minutes early, gave them my insurance card, offered them my drivers license, spent 15 minutes filling out their forms and then was told (for the first time) that I couldn't see the doctor unless I gave them an emergency contact number. I don't know what the doctor is like because I never got a chance to talk to him, but his staff is inflexible and rude.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

I went to Dr Cofield's office in August after 3 weeks of intense itching from some kind of bite all over my body. The vet, the pest control company and my inspection ruled out fleas or bed bugs. He took a skin scraping to look for Scabies but found nothing. He told me, "People smarter than you have missed a flea or a bed bug. Whatever this is, it is your problem, go back to work, you can't give it to anyone else, it will pass". After suffering for another week with more bites and difficulty sleeping from the itching, I went to another dermatologist who diagnosed Scabies. She felt certain I picked it up at a motel when I was at the coast a month earlier. A SCABIES INFESTATION WILL NOT GO AWAY WITHOUT TREATING THE PATIENT AS WELL AS THE ENVIRONMENT AND YES YOU CAN GIVE IT TO OTHERS. After a few weeks of treatment and constant cleaning I am finally free of this awful pest, no thanks to Dr Cofield. All he provided was rudeness and arrogance. I'll advise anyone I know to steer clear of him.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

I went to see Dr. Cofield, for hair loss per my regular physician's referral. He walked in w/o even asking me any specific questions and told me that weight gain was the likely culprit for my hair loss. The reality was that I had just lost 40lbs! To top it off he had at least a 20 minute conversation with me while I was nude and barely covered with a paper sheet. He berated every single doctor I had ever been to. To listen to him, all of the other physicians that I've dealt with in my past were quacks! He undeniably has absoloutely no bedside manner or common sense for that matter! I would never recommend anyone going to see him. My experience with Dr. Cofield is definitely the worst experience I've ever had with a doctor. He needs to either retire or find a new line of work!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2012

We'd seen my sons Dr to treat his eczema and MRSA prior to seeing Dr Cofield. His skin was getting worse. Dr Cofied came in and asked my son "what's up" my son told him. Dr. Cofield looked and me and said, I can take care of that, it's easy. Within two days my sons rash/eczem/MRSA was fading. Now his skin is smooth. Dr Cofield said it's a daily treatment. If you are consistent, bath his daily, and put his lotion and medicine on, he will not break out. So far so good. He did lapse on his lotion a few days and broke out again. Dr. Cofield was 100% right and now, my son is better! He also diagnosed and gave me a remedy for my rosacea! He's amazing. Thank you Dr. Cofield.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

Although his "bedside" manner is abrupt, I found him to be an excellent dermatologist (and I have used dermatologists for 50+years) I would far rather have a knowledgeable doctor than a friendly one!! He thoroughly and quickly diagnosed basal cell carcinoma and recommend a surgeon. Thanks Dr. C!!!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

He has rough bedside manner. I had a skin condition for over a year going to dr after doctor that kept giving me anti fungals as they moved up my leg with rings like ringworm... He took one look at them and gave me a psorasis ointment and antibiotic...a rash I had for a year was gone in DAYS. He also removed something from my back that he thought was cancer...when he got the results as negative, he did not believe it and sent it to another lab. It was also negative.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

Dr. Brooks G. Cofield's Credentials

• Univ Of Hlth Sci, Coll Of Osteo Med, Kansas City Mo 64124 (Grad. 1978)