Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth A. Fitzgerald

The 2 outer office workers were great. I arrived for the appointment early. Had to wait about 15 minutes after the scheduled time. I gave all of my health info to a very courteous individual. It's when the doctor came in that things went down hill. I was expecting the doctor to follow the same procedures and protocols that my doctors at a major teaching hospital followed. She basically followed a script. Did 99% of the talking with 1% listening. Refused to provide the customary skin cancer treatments. She was inconsiderate and rude. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. I went to the doctor to prevent the spread of skin cancer. I wasted not only my time and money, but I walked away feeling that the visit was totally useless. There are many good doctors, she is not one of them, in my opinion...PS: they also failed to give me the correct prescription..

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

The staff at this office is atrocious. Patient beware: They will call out your name and date of birth (DOB) to the ENTIRE waiting room in order to "make sure they call the right patient." Really? Violating the HIPAA regulations is the only way you know how to call a patient in your waiting room? In my many, many years of living, I have NEVER had to endure the indignity of having my DOB called out to a roomful of patients. This is EXACTLY why HIPAA regulations are put in place. Good to know that their "standard office procedure" is in clear violation of a federal statute. Per HIPAA: "Protected Health Information. The Privacy Rule protects all"individually identifiable health information" held or transmitted by a covered entity or its businessassociate, in any form or media, whether electronic, paper, or oral. The Privacy Rule calls this information "protected health information (PHI)." You guessed it: DOB is protected. Illegal practice, Abington Dermatology Associates!!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

Whenever i would see this doctor whatever she prescribed for me would clear up my condition majority of the time. However, i would always have to sit & wait for this doctor for a long period of time after being brought to the exam rooms & when she would arrive, the appointment felt very rushed. She was in the room with me for maybe 10 minutes at most. Will be seeing another dermatologist.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

Dr. Fitzgerald is inconsiderate about her patients, this is the only office that won't give you a extra time for being late, 15 min isn't a option 1min isn't a option,it takes about 15 min to find a park but do they care never going back to this office!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

I have been to this office for 3-4 skin checks. It takes a long time to get an appointment even if you are worried about a change in your skin. The office staff is unpleasant. And if you are even 5 minutes late you will not be seen. When I am there, I feel like a number or a herded piece of cattle, but not like a patient whose health is their top priority. It is not worth the aggravation. I have moved on to another practice.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

I was 10 minutes late for my appt. and the doctor would not see me. I was scheduled for a cancer check and was told she would not have enough time to do that. I also had a rash that I was concerned about, so I asked if she could just check that. Mind you, if I was given the cancer check I would still have time left on my appointment for her to check the rash. The gal at the front desk asked the doctor if she could see me for this one thing, and I was told that the doctor would not see me at all that day. I thought that was very unprofessional and very uncaring on the part of the doctor. I was told that if I had called to let them know I would be 10 minutes late they would have notified the doctor. What difference would that have made? I would still be 10 minutes late. For this reason I will never go back to this office again, nor would I recommend any of my friends or family to see this doctor

flag | Submitted August 13, 2010

Very rushed and quick. Hard to get a timely appointment. I had a very suspicious change in a mole and had to wait over one month for an appointment. Waiting room filled with info on cosmetic procedures so I felt moles/rashes were secondary to cosmetic procedures.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2009

Dr Fitzgerald is personable, professional, knowledgeable and never keeps you waiting.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2008

front desk very difficult to get appt, services overpriced unless you have insurance and she is hesitant to remove skin concerns unless limited, too concerned about getting paid, however, very good technique with scalpel,

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008

Dr. Elizabeth A. Fitzgerald's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Oxford