Ratings for Dr. Carl C. Hsu

The office staff absolutely sucks. Rude and unprofessional. The doctor is great, unfortunely he has a horrible staff

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

I took my son in for a snakebite and Dr. Hsu showed a lot of interest and took great care of us. He is great but it's hard to describe just how bad the staff is. Everything from not answering the phone, to putting you on hold and forgetting, to long wait times, forgetting you in the exam room, rude nurses and office staff that don't even greet you when you walk in and barely speak english. Every time we visit we are asked at least 3 times by 3 different staff members why we are there. Don't they communicate? Even the office design is poor, you have to walk through the lab and nurses station to get to the exam room. It reminds me of a restaurant that has poor service and needs a manager to whip the place into shape. It's too bad Dr. Hsu is slumming it here because he is WAY better than this.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

Dr. Hsu is a great Pediatrician. I am a 24 yr old woman who went to him for 23 yrs. I was sad that I had to leave due to my age. He is a fantastic doctor. He has great bedside manner and is always concerned when you're feeling sick. He always fit me in on short notice and seemed to know everything when I was sick. The only complaint I have is his office staff seems a bit unorganized because I consistently got bills for copayments when I've always paid cash on my appointment day. Only after I complained to the office manager did the bills stop. And you have to wait well over an hour after your appointment time to see him because he fits other patients in who don't have appointments because he cares about all of them so much. If you're willing to wait the time and deal with his office staff, Dr. Hsu is a great doctor for kids.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2006

Dr. Carl C. Hsu's Credentials

• Taipei Med Coll, Taipei, Taiwan (385-04 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1973)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal