Ratings for Dr. Karine Shakib

Raising my teenage son and daughter in Los Angeles has been a challenge. Dealing with my own depression and issues and long hours at work didn't allow me to see that my son and daughter where using internet and social networks to mix with the wrong kids. My son was getting more distant and violent and my daughter was disrespecting herself. I was ashamed and felt like I was losing my family. My wife and I tried a few therapists and we were lucky to be referred to a young psychologist in Encino. Dr Karine Shakib just put it all on the line and was very clear about what it would take to make things better . I felt very comfortable opening up to her unlike other therapists I had in the past. A few of the families in my church have gone to see her for the same things. My son still has a ways to go but he is improving and now I'm closer than I have ever been with my daughter. My wife and I rediscovered ourselves. Dr Shakib was key to this turnaround in our family.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014