Ratings for Dr. Blake Pearson

I had a microdiscomy that Dr.Pearson said I never would have anymore trouble with. He was very cocky about how good he was. Well it last about 3-4 weeks and I was in terrible pain.It was at L4, exactly where I had the surgery. I went back and he sent me for therapy which didn't help. He sent me for another MRI and said pain was coming from my hip,that there was nothing wrong with my back.After going to a hip doctor and him ordering another MRI,found out my L4 nerve root was impinged.I had to have a fusion at L4. Dr.Pearson just sent me on down the road and he knew after the last MRI that he ordered that I had impingement and the disc was herniated because I went to the hospital and got the MRI report and it tells it in black and white.Shame on you doctor,you caused me a lot of pain and suffering.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

I can't say enough how grateful I am to Dr. Pearson, he saved my husbands life! When no other doctor believed my husbands symptoms Dr Pearson saw that he had spinal stenosis and scheduled emergency surgery a few days later. My husband is now getting movement in his legs and beginning to walk with a walker. His whole body was becoming paralyzed and organs shutting down and the neurologist he was seeing for two years just wanted to send him to a pain clinic! I'm so thankful to God most of all for leading us to Dr. Pearson!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

Dr. Pearson is a rarity among medical professionals, highly capable and caring at the same time. I was diagnosed with a rare congenital condition in my spine at age 47. Finding someone to perform this surgery on me as an adult was challenging. We visited several different surgeons in the Birmingham area and even spoke with docs as far away as San Francisco. Dr. Pearson received flawless recommendations from every reference. He was cautious with my diagnosis, making me fully aware of possible complications from surgery. Dr. Pearson, along with Dr. Haynes, spent 8 hours performing my surgery. The first face I was when I woke up was Dr. Pearson asking if I could wiggle my toes. You should have seen the smile on his face when I did! There was no doubt in my mind that he was fully invested in my well being. Both docs had smiles on their faces every time they entered my hospital room and the one post op phone call I had to make was answered by Dr. Haynes instantaneously.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Dr. Pearson and his staff are great. I found him through researching doctors on websites such as this one. I scheduled my appt, he evaluated me and listened to my problems. I scheduled a minimally invasive microdiscectomy, and couldn't have found a better doctor. I live over 2 hrs away and he and his staff were very accommodating to that. I went to other neurosurgeons closer to home and was treated poorly. The kind of doctors who have that "god" complex. Dr. Pearson is the complete opposite. If you are looking for a neurosurgeon, you couldn't be in better hands.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

My husband had a severe and sudden brain aneurysm. Dr Pearson performed the surgery and saved his life. He is a excellent surgeon and would say everyone is safe in his hands. I'm telling you, you want this guy to do your brain surgery.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

My back has given me problems for years. I was referred to Dr. Pearson who met with me, gave me diagnosis and choices of how to correct problems. There was no pressure and his bedside manner is amazing. He accurately diagnosed the problems, corrected them through surgery and gave me outstanding advice. I had surgery yesterday and can now sit up, walk and am out of the pain I was in (still sore and stiff from surgery tho). He spent time listening and talking with me during each visit.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

Dr. Pearson is an excellent Spine doctor. He knew exactly what needed to be done for my back and gave me options but NEVER pushed surgery until I was ready. I respect him so much for that. He is the best.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

Accurate diagnosis, explained options and procedures at my level of understanding. Brought new and up to date options. Made me feel comfortable and trusting in his ability. Backed it up by doing what he said could be done to improve my health.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012

very friendly, intelligent, and diagosed my pain to the exact. Sincerely janie mack

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

Love Dr Pearson I couldn't say enough about what he did for my Mom. would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

Dr. Blake Pearson's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 2004)

Top Hospitals in Homewood, AL