Ratings for Dr. Rodney K. Yamaki

My daughter is bipolar and has a substance abuse problem. She saw Dr Yamaki several times. I found him to be an un professional physician . He seems to have a problem with rescheduling appointments and holds the patient to blame. He told my daughter after she wanted to reschedule an appointment that he would not see her and did not renew her prescriptions until I forcefully complained . His attitude seemed to be that she was at fault and he was punishing her for trying to get out of an appointment. This attitude is simply unacceptable from doctor who is supposed to be treating patients with mental disorders. He has a small office in the back of a children's doctor's office which looks like a converted storeroom with no windows. To sum up he is an incompetent jerk in my opinion . Don't see him.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

Dr.Yamaki sounds very soft spoken and nice but seems that he can be picky with his patients. My husband has Social Phobia, Agoraphobia and depression so it is extremely hard for him to go out or see anybody in general without having an anxiety attack. So one day my husband had an anxiety attack and could not make it to an appointment. I called and left a message for Dr.Yamaki, apologized and explained why he could not make it and asked to call back to reschedule another appointment. Left a few messages but never received a call back. Now the anti-depression medication prescribed from Dr.Yamaki was running out, since there was no word from Dr.Yamaki I naturally asked the pharmacist to fax Dr.Yamaki's office for a refill request as usual. Received a call from the pharmacist that Dr.Yamaki is not authorizing the refill. Being a Doctor for the field of Psychiatry, having patients with mental and emotional problems, I feel very disappointed that he seems to show no understanding to my husbands anxiety attack, and with the way he treated my husband by not returning any calls, seeming like not wanting to schedule an appointment with no explanation and refusing to refill his anti-depression medication just because he missed 1 appointment due to an anxiety attack. EXACTLY the problem why he was seeing Dr.Yamaki for. I would have no problem paying the cancellation fee for not being able to make the appointment, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Now my husband is struggling with no anti-depression medication, fighting with his depression while I try to find a psychiatrist that can fit my husband in to schedule. I won't say he is a bad Doctor, there seems to be some good review but if you feel uncomfortable with him please change your Doctor immediately. I can't imagine how many other patients could go in to a serious mental condition just because Dr.Yamaki feels like he don't want to see you anymore, because he expects you to be at the appointment at all cost even though your condition makes you incapable of doing so.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Doctor Yamaki accepts Aloha care but stated that he doesn't trust Aloha Care patients because we are unreliable. I need help for anxiety and to basically be told that I'm part of a group that he views as trash is incredibly hurtful and damaging to my self esteem. I've spent the last 30 minutes crying because he put me down and made me feel awful over the phone. I feel sorry for any patients he sees in person. He's an incredibly hurtful man.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014