Ratings for Dr. David C. Pielak

Does not do same day implants . No concern for patients . Lack of understanding of patient concerns. Never on time . Most painful dental work ever .

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

My first visit came after a bottom left molar broke down to the gum. I did not know where to go, looked online and was impressed by their website. It was about a 3 hour consult. At first they have all the time in the world for you. I expressed my fears to Dr P and he seemed to care. They got me right in the next morning to start what turned into a 5 month ordeal. I ended up with 3 root canals and the rest crowns. Once they start, then they don't seem to have the TIME TO FINISH WHAT THEY START! They use an extremely weak sedative pill that wears off. They charge 150.00 extra to put an oxygen clamp on your finger! He started work on both sides of my bottom jaw leaving me unable to chew on one side and heal on the other. Removing an old crown, usage a dental saw, I had sparks flying out of my mouth. Everything hurt and they didn't care. They said its the vibration...No, IT WAS PAIN! I heard other patients saying the same thing about still being able to feel after a root canal and they brush it off. I had to go to an Endo for 2 other root canals and she was wonderful. I remember nothing of those appointments. Going back to Dr P for the crowns to finish was terrible. I thought One appointment was to finish up. I was there from 7 am until 6 pm. They gave me the sedation pill and he did some work on the lower left side. He came back from lunch 3 hours later! and jammed a needle into the right side of my mouth with NO warning and started another root canal. I said Dude what the heck? He said nothing. He proceeded to put the rubber dam over my mouth and at one point it was out of place, over my nose with his hand on top. I could NOT Breathe! I was told to quit wiggling and then he finally loosened his grip. I was gasping for air and told him I was suffocating. He laughed it off. He did not finish his work that day because my sedative wore off hours ago and he showed aggravation as I was in so much pain I was crying. He got huffy and stopped. So that meant another nightmare appointment! That weekend the temp fell out, the pain was unbearable. They advertise 24 hour emergency care, its a LIE. They send you to an ER clinic. They first told us they have to order the crowns so we waited. THEY MAKE THEM RIGHT THERE. It is called Milling. They did not care about the suffering. Even after the work was finished, I have pain in the areas that had supposed root canals. Chewing and temperatures send me through the roof and it has been 8 months now. It feels just like cavities. They kept trying to sneak in extra charges upon the 10 grand they got paid in full up front which was a big mistake! THEY DO NOT CARE. And each time you go, it is never the same assistants! And they do NOT let you speak when you have an issue. They talk over you, are rude and just do not care about the patient or their existing health issues that are ignored when their shoddy work goes wrong causing the patient an emergency!

Submitted October 7, 2014

He has always been great to my family and myself.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

First time I saw Dr. Pielak, I left just about crying. I had a great dentist elsewhere but had to change due to a move. This guy wanted me to whiten my teeth which are amazingly white, get a mouth guard which I have no jaw problems, cap a molar which is fine, and told me I had 3 cavities, and I would need gum surgery. I brush and floss 2x a day and see a dentist on a regular basis. I was mortified and never had the work done. When I went back the second time they still said I had cavities. Again I ignored them. Now just recently I went to another dentist who is amazing and nothing was wrong with my mouth and teeth. Thankfully I have common sense. RUN FROM THIS PRACTICE!!!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

Agree with other comments, all visits are about sales, hygienists are nice but at the end of the day they are looking for sales. I would not recommend this dentist.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

I don't understand these other people. Dr. Pielak & his staff are top notch. My husband had gone to another dentist for over 30 years . Come to find out all his teeth were cracked. We actually saw the crAcks. Dr Pielak fixed them and has done wonders for my entire family's oral health. He is probably the best dentist in the area. Maybe these other people's previous dentist are the ones who don't do a greAt job.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

Dr. Pielak is nice, but exemplifies the worst in our health care system. Greed and dishonesty are the only two words for him. New to the Tampa area, I was looking for a dentist to fix some sensitivity in my tooth. After waiting 6 hours, Dr. Pielak told me I needed a mouthguard and to replace three other large fillings in my mouth. I was suspicious, but believed him. Then he charged me almost $1000 for an exam and said I needed another $9,000 worth of work done, including redoing work that my trusted dentist in another place had done three months prior. When he said that, I knew it was a scam. I found a new dentist. Ironically, the nurse a the new office said she had worked with Pielak but left because of his dishonesty. Pielak also double charged my insurance company. DON'T GO!!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

All about the MONEY even with insurance we were told (who all get regular cleanings) that we needed "a SPECIAL cleaning" but that insurance would cover it. Well they did not and it was $500. See Google that this happened to other people.. coincidence?? I think not. They then told me my daughter needed to go "immediately" to an ortho (They gave us who to see) to have a tooth pulled. We choose another ortho who told us there is absolutely nothing wrong with her teeth, He told us she absolutly should not have one pulled,she is only 8 and it is unnecessary. He said I do not want to know what dentist you went to but DO NOT go back.They told us she needed a cavity filled. I made an appt with another dentist to have it done and when I went in the dentist stated she had NO CAVITY.RUN We DID before it got worse.PS he said I should do $12,000. Worth of capping even though my teeth were healthy and straight. To help me look 10 years younger. Ruin Healthy Teeth for no reason? Some Dentist.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2013

Dr Pielak is very nice, but that is of no benefit when the cap he put on my lower molar broke. It only took from 9/2007 till 7/2009 and it chipped. I went back to him to fix, he agreed to repair it if I paid for the X-ray. (Then sent me a bill) Now 5/2012 the cap shattered in my mouth while eating a piece of bread. I had another Dentist examine it, they said that he should have put in metal when capping a molar and the tooth was not ground down the the level of the rest of my teeth so it broke. I have not went back! "Do not guarantee work." High priced incomplete work!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012

Absolutely awful! Prestige Dentistry is nothing more than a money pit. High price tags, the front staff is not helpful at all (actually quite mean), unnecessary work performed (I found out later), no guarantee on work, this can go on. My advice: STAY AWAY!!!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011