Dr. Robert J. Huler

Ratings for Dr. Robert J. Huler

Do NOT let this Dr operate on you. My mid 20's daughter ended up with Dr Huler through Ortho Indy emergency clinic. She had a herniated disc which was causing nerve pain down her leg. He operated on her, and her pain was worse after surgery. The pain NEVER went away. When she inquired if this was usual, he acted like she was lying, and exaggerating. There was never sympathy or concern that she was still having excruciating pain. He sent her back to work even when she said her pain was still at a '10', and he didn't even schedule an appointment to check her out. Her job requires standing and lifting for 12 hours straight, and after 2 days she was in agonizing pain. Her primary care physician was appalled and immediately pulled her off work and scheduled a new MRI, which showed the disc had re-herniated. She took the new MRI back to Dr Huler, and he still said she should be back at work, and that the MRI didn't "look that bad". My daughter sat there crying in front of him, telling him how bad her pain was, and he had absolutely no sympathy. His solution was go back to work, and get physical therapy. It was obvious he had made his mind up that she was lying. I asked him straight-forward questions about how physical therapy was going to help her pain, and he brushed me off. We left that office never to return again. I've NEVER seen a Dr treat anyone like this. We got her into another surgeon, who was amazing, she had a second surgery and is doing fantastic. She DEFINITELY had another herniation and needed surgery.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Dr. Robert J. Huler

Dr. Robert J. Huler's response
Please email support@orthoindy.com to further discuss the concern. Thank you.

Submitted July 23, 2018

Wonderful help for my husband's 4th neck surgery. Trust him.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Dr. Huler is arrogant. He doesn't want to take the time to explain things after surgery- most Dr.s will gladly talk with you afterwards. I will say the nurses and office staff were very nice.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Dr.Huler is a well this site won't allow me to the proper word to describe him. I was injured and work comp sent me to him and we went straight to surgery. He made it worse than before. Then he disappeared and no one will tell you what happened to him. He sucks

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

First appointment with huler he sent me back to work on a 20 lb. Work restriction and I ended up in the emergency room that night. My injury happened April 29, 2014. Ruptured discs with nerve impingement. A nightmare to date. Huler has his mind made up on his patients prior to entering the room. I would not recommend him. He has been very uncaring. Talks over anything I have tried to say. He has changed his diagnosis numerous times with numerous lies.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

this dr ruined my life beware he is not a pro at all cares for no one i have contacted state board and a lawyer pls beware

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

could not be happyer with my back took a few surgerys but im now pain free for the first time in years its been 3 years

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

I was so disappointed with the attitude of this doctor. I KNOW I am overweight. He came in and asked "why did you want to see me?" Taken off guard, I said to help me with my back pain. He responded, you need to get healthy first, then come back and see me in 2 years. The only health problem I have is high blood pressure, which is regulated. He showed me my x rays, the degree of my scoliosis. and said he would print out a copy to put on my facebook page. He mentioned that maybe I would even need anything done, if I would just get "healthy". I have a 51 degree twist, that pushes into my ribcage, stooped shoulders, which he didn't eve address, numbing of the leg and numerous other problems. He just walked out. He knew when he saw my sheet he wasn't going to help me. He didn't see me as a human, a person. Didn't talk to me. He has no compassion, maybe he has been in this business to long. I was so embarrassed,humiliated, disappointed and depressed when I left there.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

Dr Huler was the 3rd surgeon i have seen and although i could see his sense of humor was dry,he was to the point and more then willing to listen and address any questions i may have,He even said he'd be happy to go over it all with my husband,I'm having surgery on March 16th and am having 3 herniated disc removed that have been causing me great pain,I look forward to it and pray all goes well,My spine is in his hands and God by my side,I think i'll feel so much better afterwards,I had another group tell me there was nothing they could do for me,It was so depressing and discouraging,thank goodness i also have a wonderful Family Dr and she got me in to see Dr Huler Asap!!! I'm happy i found Dr Huler,He's going to help me,i'll let you know how it goes when alls said and done :)

flag | Submitted March 3, 2012

I found him to be very professional, direct and to the point. Was able to identify the problems with my back. Spent a great deal of time speaking to about the issues and was very thorough in addressing questions and explaining the ramafications. Having been to a number of physicians, I was favorably impressed by the diagnosis and the recommended treatment.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

Dr. Robert J. Huler's Credentials

• Sign Language

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1984)