Ratings for Dr. Melvin P. Roy

To me, words cannot describe what Dr. Roy has done for me. He is extremely knowledgeable, caring, and has an innate passion to help all of his patients. I was Dr. Roy’s patient for almost two years and what he has done for me is nothing short of a miracle. I have been cured of my diagnosis and am off medication due to Dr. Roy, despite what previous doctors have said. He will always be there for you and truly wants everyone to succeed. I am eternally grateful for having met Dr. Roy and is an inspiration to those who truly want to make a difference in people and the world.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

Dr. Roy is phenomenal in my book. Had been seeing therapists for years before Dr. Roy with problems still lingering. He zeroed in on them relatively quickly and I've been making progress ever since. What I find most helpful about his style is that he boils it all down with a helpful observation or suggestion at the end of every session. He also doesn't miss a beat when things keep coming up that I may not notice as we continue forward. And he does so with intelligence, humor and patience. The impact is a profound improvement in my mental well being in the nearly ten years I've been seeing him. And it doesn't hurt that he's a trained hypnotherapist and also has that tool to help clients. That is my honest and fair assessment.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Dr. Roy is an AMAZING therapist!!! I have been seeing him on and off for over 16 years now-since my college days and now I am in my late 30's. He has done one on one sessions with me and also done marriage counseling with my husband and I. I am grateful that I found him, he is such a support during many challenging times in my life. I always leave his office feeling better and with a clearer mind. I've gone from taking depression medication, to not taking any at all. His guidance has really made a difference in my life and has helped me become a stronger person.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Dr Roy has frequently been late to appointments, and he listens but doesn't question or push. I guess I need questioning and pushing; I have other friends who'll listen for free. Disappointed.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Didn't seem like he was up-to-date on what serious mental illnesses are out there. I had a serious problem and he just ignored it for months and months and talked about other things. I told him twice that I was having very severe problems sleeping and he ignored this. If you want to just talk and have nuanced conversations and/or try to increase your self-confidence then okay. But if you have a serious problem with your health or serious struggles you need help adjusting with, probably better to seek someone else.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Dr. Roy is absolutely wonderful. He is understanding and accommodating. He spoke my feelings without me having to say them and completely understood my story, my challenges, and where I was coming from. He was able to give me the vocabulary and tools to help myself. He really knows his stuff, knew how to explain it to my significant other, and help us understand one another better. I am happier and more confident now than I have been in months. I cannot recommend Dr. Roy enough.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

Dr. Roy is very knowledgeable in his field. He was great in working with as he had a great memory of what was wrong and what we need to work on every session to get the results I desired, and eventually found. He also gave me lessons for moving forward without his guidance that still help me today.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

My husband and I are currently seeing Dr. Roy. I have really grown to like him and he has been helpful and effective with making a major adjustment with a traumatic event. I have found Dr. Roy to be professional but also personal when it applies. Dr. Roy is thoughtful and effective in helping couples coomunicate better.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

SAW DR.MELVIN FOR AIRPLANE PHOBIA I HAD A WONDERFULL FLIGHT HE ALSO HELPED ME IN MANY OTHER WAYS IM SO GREATFULL FOR EVERYTHING HE'S DONE FOR ME I SEE THINGS SO DIFFRENT I'M WILLING TO DO THINGS I WOULD OF NEVER DONE

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Roy by another doctor who was concerned about my phobia. I have tried everything to get rid of my phobia except hypnosis. Dr. Roy is so great at what he does that I am finally getting better. I am now more relaxed and getting over my phobia because of him. He has so much knowledge and uses unorthodox approaches by thinking outside the box. He is very creative with coming up with solutions and complex problems. He remembers you from the last visit and what you did. HIGHLY RECOMMEND him!!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2011