Ratings for Dr. Charles H. Hux

I think this place is one of the top facilities of its kind in the area, has a lot of long and weekend hours. Their doctors are very competent in what they do. They even have an in-house infertility physician specialist which I desperately needed. I would refer this office to my own family and friends.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

I transferred to Dr. Hux from friends' referrals after being so disappointed with my general OB. I had multiple miscarriages, PCOS and am a juvenile diabetic. I was unhappy that my other OB was not certified in high risk pregnancies but still treated me knowing that I needed a high risk specialist. I didn't know better to ask my other obgyn if he was certified in high risk.. Dr. Hux renewed my faith in doctors. He is so accommodating, talked me through everything, and asked me what is my preference concerning different issues. Never tried to impose his opinion on me. His staff is incredibly caring and professional. I considered myself so blessed to have found my home there with them. I don't even understand how can anyone be displeased with them. Must be a competitor review or something. Thanks my friends for the referral!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

Dr. Charles H. Hux's response
Your feedback is very much appreciated. Yes, that's true not all patients know to ask if their regular Obgyn is certified in high risk pregnancies. That certification is what constitutes the Maternal Fetal Medicine, High Risk Obgyn or Perinatologist subspecialty. It is another two to three years of training or so that the General Obgyn would have to go through in order to obtain that additional subspecialty certification. With regards to you, I find that it's so kind that you complimented us on what we termed "accommodation" and "partnership". We pride ourselves in working our hardest to accommodate our patients. We feel very close to our patients - it is certainly not just a job. The "partnership" portion is that I feel it is of utmost importance that the physician listens closely to his patients because optimal care can only be achieved through teamwork between doctors and patients. Hope to see you again soon.

Submitted October 18, 2016

Worst!!!! doctor ever. Please listen to me, don't go to this doctor. Never told me he don't have hospital privileges or lost them, who knows why, and at few weeks of my pregnancy send me over to see a hernia doctor to find out from that doctor, Hux was not gonna deliver my baby but him. I almost pass out, how can any doctor do this to any patient. Due to this my baby and I ended up with a doctor I never choose or want it to deliver my baby, and I ended up with a huge infection that almost killed me. Never ever go there.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

Great bedside manner, but my mom, my sister and I all had our daughters and sons with Dr. Hux for over 43 years now altogether and he always diagnosed our problems in a timely and accurate manner. The truth is we would all be afraid to go somewhere else. We depended on him and his girls at each and every one of the pregnancies. We suspect that their children would too, if we should be so lucky that he would still be practicing that long. ABSOLUTELY LOVE HIM!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

I read all his patient reviews here and are not surprised that they are so overwhelmingly positive. I have a normal pregnancy, no complications. My appreciation for his office went beyond his expertise in treating me. Dr. Hux did something which I think no doctor would have done. He discounted my bills to nothing when he learned that I had just went through a divorce and cannot afford to pay his bills. I am eternally grateful to him. NOBODY has ever helped me that way in a medical office. VERY, VERY COMPASSIONATE!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

Dr. Charles H. Hux's response
Although we have financially assisted patients many times before, not everyone is as gracious as you in reciprocating this action with kind words. We feel that out of all the fields, medicine should distinguish itself and clearly stand out in its "delivering" of compassion to patients, not just patients' babies. It's not that we are unaware some may deem this to be unwise, but WE deem it to be unkind not to. Giving back to the community is what makes us truly proud of what we do. In my opinion, having the expertise in my field alone is simply not enough to constitute a good doctor. Possessing a solid moral compass is just as important. Your comments endeared you to us. I hope your future is filled with love from your newly expanded family. Keep in touch...

Submitted August 21, 2016

I have a TYPE I juvenile diabetes and it's so hard to find a high risk OB that is actually certified in High Risk pregnancy to treat me. I went to 2 doctors who claimed they can treat high risk patients like me , just to find out that they are not certified in high risk. I am so upset until I found Dr. Hux. He has treated so many Type 1 before. Feel very comfortable and safe under his care. What's more!? He and his staff are available 24/7 days per week. He called me back 3 times during the pregnancy after 2 am. Thanks God finally!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

Dr. Charles H. Hux's response
It's common that you should feel anxiety and major concerns being a Type I diabetic during your pregnancy. You are not alone in feeling that way. We understand now why you insisted on knowing whether Dr. Hux was board-certified in high risk pregnancy. We felt so bad for all that you have to endure because of that. We certainly were glad that you knowingly sought us out. Feel free to contact us anytime with questions or problems with your diabetes. Your feedback and supportive comments are much appreciated. We really hope to see you again soon.

Submitted August 21, 2016

SIMPLY THE FINEST SURGEON IN THE COUNTRY!!! Will never put our lives in anyone else's hands.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Dr. Charles H. Hux's response
As you know, we all felt honored that you came searching for us from England. Glad you liked Dr. Hux's book and TV shows. He was ecstatic to be able to bring about such an excellent outcome and your daughter is healthy. Both you and your sister are such a pleasure to know. We missed you already. Stop by with the babies so we can take some pics.

Submitted August 21, 2016

My experience at Shore Perinatal has been exceptional. This is my first pregnancy and I was referred to Dr. Hux. Dr. Hux is very knowledgable and always answers my questions thoroughly. I'm so glad to be in his care for my first pregnancy!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

The best doc for juvenile diabetes. All my friends told me since I had juvenile diabetes to go see Dr Hux when I am pregnant. So glad I listened to them. He is absolutely THE BEST!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

Love the weekend hours Love his new office!! There are weekend hours there. This is great for me because I am always so busy. My husband wanted to tag along and he's all happy that he can now. Wish it was a little closer to my home. Dr. Hux is very professional but easy going. This practice has always been so good to us. We wanted to have 3 children. This is our second one. We are glad, God willing, we'll have a third one under his care in the future.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

Dr. Charles H. Hux's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Are you looking for an OBGYN or a high risk doctor office with FREE 3D/4D Fetal Ultrasound Pics for patients? Here at our facility, high-definition 3D/4D fetal ultrasound pics are given to our patients throughout all three trimesters. Established since 1995, Shore Perinatal Associates (SPA) specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of normal and high-risk conditions for both the mother and her baby. Our Top-rated OBGYN medical practice is one of the few in Monmouth County and Ocean County with a board-certified in-house physician specializing in High Risk pregnancy, not in General OBGYN alone. With an in-house high risk specialist, we are in a position to ensure a smooth outcome should unanticipated complications occur during your pregnancy. With our highly experienced affiliate physicians, SPA offers individualized care with unrivaled standard of excellence, providing optimal care for our expectant mothers through delivery with uncompromising safety. Our affiliated physicians have a combined delivery experience of over 45 years, serving the surrounding communities in the Central Jersey area. As such, our patients are always cared for by highly trained, board-certified obstetricians during the prenatal period as well as at delivery. SPA also offers an In-house Board-certified Infertility OBGYN Physician specializing in ALL areas of male and female infertility. With 35 years of experience, SPA’s Founder, Dr. Charles Hux, a renowned, top High Risk Obgyn Doctor and Geneticist, has consistently brought about accurate, timely detection of birth defects. He is well-known for having administered effective treatments for mothers with multiple high-risk factors as well as mothers with pregnancy complications such as previous miscarriages, autoimmune disorders, hypertension, history of blood disorders, advanced maternal age (greater than 34 years old) and juvenile diabetes. These combined factors have resulted in proper, accurate and outstanding management of countless high-risk moms from conception to smooth delivery. During his impressive career, Dr. Hux alone has been managing the care of 15,000+ patients including the deliveries of over 6,500 expectant mothers. Additionally, he has personally delivered over 1000+ sets of twins, triplets and quadruplets with excellent, measurable and jubilant outcomes. Having filmed many television programs for the Discovery Health Network and The Learning Channel (TLC), appearing in hundreds of TV episodes of “A Baby Story”, “Make Room for Multiples”, “Mystery Diagnosis” and “Obese and Expecting”, over the span of 13 years, Dr. Hux is well-recognized coast to coast in reruns that broadcasted once or twice a week on TLC. Although currently in private practice, Dr. Hux was one of the original founding members of the Perinatal Institute (PNI) at JSUMC. Dr. Hux also held a post as Director of Maternal-Fetal Medicine at Drexel University Hospital in Philadelphia, PA. In 1990, he also accepted the Directorship of Genetics at St. Peters Medical Center in New Brunswick, NJ. Dr. Hux's internationally distributed book "Nine healthy Months" empowers every mother with the knowledge and confidence necessary to embrace her pregnancy with joy and comfort. Our practice looks forward to providing our patients with unparalleled commitment to excellence during these fragile months of pregnancy. If you are worried about Genetic Counseling regarding multiple births or birth defects and are uncertain about the treatments of High Risk Pregnancies in general, our team here at Shore Perinatal Associates will be there with you every step of the way. Though we are located in Wall Township, we are the Top Rated OBGYN – obstetricians and Gynecologists throughout all of Brick, Toms River, Point Pleasant (Point Pleasant Beach), Tinton Falls and Eatontown.

• Spanish
  • Vietnamese

• Case Western Reserve Univ Sch Of Med, Cleveland Oh 44106 (Grad. 1981)

• Premature birth
  • Gestational diabetes
  • Type 1 diabetes
  • Preeclampsia
  • Vaginal birth after C-section (VBAC)
  • Fetal ultrasound