Ratings for Dr. Eric Young

I received excellent care under Dr. Young. His explanations, diagnosis and follow-through were all excellent. It was extremely disappointing that he took another position out of the area. It doesn't surprise me that he would be offered other opportunities. Sad to see him leave our area.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

I was a patient in Tennessee before he moved and I would do anything to have him here again! This man is a first class doctor with so much compassion for his patient. When I first went to see him I was on so many pain meds I was taking 3 times what I should have been. But I was prescribed these by a neurological surgeon for more than 10 years!!! He convinced me that I needed to come off everything and talked me into going to a detox center! I did and after a couple of days I felt better than I had in years. He worked with me until he got my pain under control. I am now taking Ibuprofen and getting pain block shots as needed. Words could never express my gratitude to him for getting my life back after being over medicated for years!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2013

Dr. Young not only didn't listen to the problem he ordered an MRI on the wrong part of my body. He wrote a prescription wrong and then blamed me for following the instructions on it. I was normally on 1 tab 3x a day, he wrote it for 2 tabs, 3x a day. When his office never returned my call questioning it, I just went forward with the instructions, then when I ran out he refused to refill it. Upon going into withdrawals from not having the medication he told me I couldn't be having withdrawals because my blood pressure wasn't elevated (though it was for my normal). He then wrote a new prescription for 1/2 the dosage, and WRONG again, this time the pharmacy couldn't even fill it until speaking to his office, the next day, so now 4 days without pain meds. Which is very dangerous with this med. Basically told me the pain was all in my head, because he ordered an MRI of my neck, the pain is from a muscle in my shoulder. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND HIM TO MY WORST ENEMY NOR WILL I GO BACK!!!!!

Submitted August 29, 2013

Office is very warm and friendly. Dr Young is caring, warm and takes the time you need.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2013

Dr. Eric Young's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)