Ratings for Dr. Prakash Sampath

Horrible doctor! He did chairi malformation. Had to be revised twice. 3 head surgeries in 11 months. Left staples in my head. If you see him RUN! Tried to say I needed a VP Shunt when I didn't. I'm now having reconstruction skull surgery to fix what he did! He needs his medical license revoked!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

During the course of three office visits, I had to wait almost six hours to be seen. His staff is rude, short, and have no follow through. Dr. Sampath ultimately recommended a very complex and risky procedure, which caused me to research his background. I would STRONGLY recommend you conduct your own research on his background, and then find another Doctor with a more capable and caring staff. Don’t walk, RUN!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

This is a HORRIBLE doctor he is so bad don't ever use him please listen to me don't let him make another penny

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

Amazing doctor top notch! Explained surgery, recovery and possible complications throughly! Woke up after surgery with no pain it was unreal!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I wouldn't trust this guy if he was the last Doc on earth and I needed him to fix me !! He did and operation on me and it broke so they say cause it was done wrong on my throat and when it needed to be fixed, what he did wrong the first time ... Him and the staff of Roger Williams Hospital, woke me up on the recovery table, they harassed me under drugs mind U and forced me to say yes to them flipping me over and adding these rods to my back ... that some of the screws are hurting me and pinching my inside flesh .... I said no and I had also written on the papers that oked the operation and wrote do not put rods in my back no matter what and yet that is what he did to me and when I said no to it I guess ... I was under drugs at the time so I don't know that part I was told that by my roommate and partner that the Doc Sampath had a nurse called him at like 9:30 Pm that the Doc wanted him to call him , so he did and the Doc stated he wanted to put rods in my back and John my partner said no ... so they came back to me harassing me to say yes or they where throwing me out of the hospital , and when the person with the clip board came over to ask me my name and I replied and ur operating on my and U don't know who I am ... He threw the clip board across the room and said I don't have to put up with this bulls??t and walked out of the room I went off about what was going on with me and I couldn't do a thing .. I was told if I didn't do what they want they will throw me out has a problem patient.... I believe this so called Doctor is to gun-hoo and made a mistake and had him and a team cover it up ..... and when I complained at the hospital about it they did nothing the head of the place said I'll consider ur complaint and walked out and ... I could not speak for several months because of my left side of throat was torn and I was choking and they did nothing at all except bring me a toasted meatball for my lunch .... and all through my recovery when I went to the Docs office .. I kept asking to see him ,that I was very upset what he and the staff did to me at Roger Williams Hospital and Peter Mello his astt. did nothing about making it happen ... he had an excuse every time until I finally walked out near the end of my recovering and could go find a lawyer .........

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Great experience from beginning to end! Explained in detail medical issue and solutions. Full discription of surgery and what to except post recovery. 5 star surgeon in my opinion.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Was operated on by Dr. Prakash Sampath, MD, November 2014 on my spine, as a result of this operation I require another operation, of 8 screws he put in my spine 2 are loose, and 1 is to long. Also as a result of this operation a nerve in my left leg was damaged I now have a brace on my leg to walk. Ronald R. Cabral 67 B;aze Road New Bedford, MA 02745

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015

I had my first operation which was a back Infusion of my L4-L5 there was metal plates and screws placed In there. Dr.Sampath knew I was scared and worried seeing having a spinal operation Is scary and was greatly to me. All the questions and worries I had he eased them and the day of my operation 2010 he came In and talked. With me and family I had my young son and before with me at the time and he was making us laugh.I cried a little cause now was the day of my operation he took my hand and looked me straight In the eyes.And said not to worry at all I was In good hands he promise his PA at the time was also a total sweetheart. When the time came I told his PA that seeing the operating room I was scared and might freak out If I was to see It.So his PA left the room came back with some meds to put Into my IV and afterwards he stood on my side.And he and I was joking around and next thing I knew out like a light I was and waking up after the operation. Dr. Sampath did two of my operation Infusion of the back In 2010 and Infusion of the neck In 2013 and now my third which Is this coming June. He's gotta do another Infusion of my back I highly would recommend Dr. Sampth you couldn't and would get any better than him. His staff members ROCKS along with his PA George I'm always busting on them wonderful personalities they all have. So If anyone who should need a good understanding and compassionate surgeon seen them to DR. SAMPATH you can't go wrong. Chezzie

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

had surgery with DrSampath he is a doctor not God when you sign papers for surgery you should know what to expect after surgery .. i did im very grateful to him and his staff ...thank you Dr.Sampath

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

Don't try to get anyone to call you back it will never happen the worst is pa George never once

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

Dr. Prakash Sampath's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1992)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Providence, RI