Ratings for Dr. Louis M. Barretti

I was battling long-term bouts of depression at the time I started seeing Dr. Barretti. I mark it as one of the luckiest days of my life when an advisor to my employer told me that he knew “the best therapist in the world.” He turned out to be right. Dr. Barretti, over many years, has proven to be the one person I could turn to when things seemed very bleak and felt hopeless. He has on many occasions gone above and beyond the professional call of duty in my care. He is someone who has taken calls from me while he was on vacation because I faced a crisis. I can’t imagine anyone showing more care and compassion. Dr. Barretti also makes a real effort to listen to me and understand what I’m trying to say, even when I’m not sure what my point is. He has honestly helped me live a better life.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

I've been seeing Dr Barretti for 2+ years. He's been very supportive and helpful during my divorce. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Inconsiderate and cold. All about the money. Does not truly care for patients or their families. Turns a blind eye when he does not like what he hears. Does not have a true understanding of his patients needs.

Submitted May 6, 2017

Very attentive and helpful with understanding complex situations. Gives excellent clues and advise on handling problems and being mindful of what you say and how it is interpreted. And how to change ingrained behaviors. He is particularly good at providing explanations, which was helpful to me. He was also very flexible with fitting me in for "emergency" visits and accommodating my schedule.

Submitted January 18, 2013