Ratings for Dr. Charles A. Augustus

I cant stand that they make an appointment early all the time when he is not even here. His staff is always loud and you hear everyones business and other patients personal information

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I agree with all of the women on here. He sucks. I waited hours to see him and when it's my turn our time is two minutes. He didn't have anyone in the room when he examined me either and I am 6 months and he has not done an ultrasound on any of his body parts, the fluid or umbilical cord. Only measures head and says " wipe up your done, see u in a month". I am in the process of looking for another doctor. The doctor I had before this became a full time doctor at a hospital and doesn't do prenatal visits anymore which sucks because he was the best. I called to ask my so called doctor a question and one of his b itc hes at the front desk told me he doesn't get on the phone. WHAT!?!! My d a m n doctor doesn't talk to his patients? Ok sorry a s s black guy.. I'm out

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

Dr Augustus is an amazing doctor I had my little girl four years ago ,he did my c section as well .. He explained everything from day one to labor , I was excited yet nervous and he helped me calm and stay positive .. I recommend him to any expecting parent , now I'm pregnant of my second child and I'm hoping I can get him as my doctor again .."

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

My experience with trying to conceive and then finally becoming pregnant whole seeing Dr. Augustus, has been very, very positive. He was the first doctor I saw who sat down and explained a few reasons why my pregnancies might not be lasting. He made things easy to understand and with his recommendations, within a few months I was pregnant. I have always found him to be pleasant and patient. His office is busy and he does deliver babies in between appointments but he makes himself available for appointments and deliveries every day. I feel lucky to have found him. He is knowledgeable and direct. His office staff is not warm, but they are efficient and I have never witnessed them being rude.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. He perform a checkup with no staff present and was defensive when i question it. The staff is loud and not very courteous. I told him I was allergic to LATEX, he lies in my face saying he don't use than and the examines me with LATEX gloves. Caused me a horrible reaction and then was saying he didn't knew. PLEASE LADIES AVOID THIS DOCTOR he is not professional at all!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

I am a fanatic of swimming and I got an infection that was driving me crazy, so I called one Monday afternoon to his office and he had an app available on Tuesday. His staff was not the kindest nor helpful but I cannot say the same of him. He provided some medicine samples for my discomfort and he was patient and kind and helpful. The questions I had, he answered them all.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

I went to this man several years ago for a pap and general check up. He preformed a physical exam with no one in the room. I felt that he was inappropriate with the breast exam. When I questioned him he became very defensive and rude. I would never recommend him to anyone nor would I ever return. After researching this doctor further I am stunned that he is still practicing!!! He has had more preterm deliveries and c sections than you can count. Be careful who you trust your body to especially if you are pregnant.If a provider does not have malpractice insurance you should think twice and do your research.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

I agree with a lot of the posts here. He is a great doctor. He is a busy man & our appointments were brief, but the wait time wasn't bad at all either. My best advice would be to have any questions you might have written down or just ask him in the very beginning of your visit. If I had a concern, he would acknowledge it, inform me of my options & then handle it accordingly. If you want those long one on one sessions, I'd recommend going to a midwife instead. The only negative I have is his office staff, mainly the receptionist Sylvia. She is rude, condescending, and very unprofessional. She would be the reason I would never return to him in a future pregnancy. Yes, it's that bad.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

Dr. Augustus is a GREAT doctor, but some of his staff....well lets just say he should get 1-2 new empolyes the rest of the girls in that office are GREAT.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

I JUST WANTED TO SAY WHAT A GREAT DOCTOR AUGUSTUS IS. I FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH HIM TAKEN CARE OF MY PREGNANCY AND DELIVERY.I TRUST HIS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE. HE DELIVERED MY THIRD CHILD WITH OUT EPISOTOMY.THAT IS WHY I CONTINUE COMING TO HIS OFFICE FOR FOURTH PREGNANCY. GOD BLESS MY DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

Dr. Charles A. Augustus's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1981)

Top Hospitals in Homestead, FL