Ratings for Dr. Laura C. Cauthen

Worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. Extremely rude and no bedside manner. She told me she did not have time to talk to me and I would have to make another appointment. Isn't that what I was there for? She also conducted a painful procedure and did not tell me what to expect or what she was doing. There are too many other better doctors around, don't waste your time. She also didn't tell me I needed a test she was supposed to recommend due to my age. I got a second opinion from the doctor I'm now going to and they disagreed with everything Dr. Cauthen did.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Dr. Cauthen exhibits a strong lack of empathy. I had seen her before and wasn't pleased with her attitude. But when I had a problem I went to her since I was established there. She seemed very irritated that I was there. She didn't even want to examine me, and told me I needed to go somewhere else. She rushed through, had a terrible attitude as if she was disgusted with me / my problem. She showed absolutely no concern for what I was going through. If you are looking for a doctor who cares, will explain things to you, takes time with you and shows empathy, then you should look somewhere else.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

Dr. Cauthen will refuses to see self paying patients (my husband's job does not offer health insurance). None of the "doctors" in her facility will, either. The receptionist would not refer me to a facility which would see me. This strikes me as unethical, to say the least.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

I love Dr Cauthen...she does take time with her patients to answer all of your questions...I have been seeing her for the last 5 years...after having problems with other gyn's attitudes....and wouldn't consider seeing anyone else. It takes time to get to know ANY doctor & trust them.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

Dr. Cauthen is cool, calm, and collected. She is very knowledgable and helpful.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

Dr. Cauthen was very kind to my daughter on her first gyn appointment. She spent a lot of time with her and. She discussed many issues with my daughter and explained everything to her. She was great,

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I was told multiple times by Dr. Cauthen that she did not have time to hear about my gynecological problems (which was the sole purpose of my appointment that I waited 2 months for!). The few times she didn't tell me how little time she had to hear about my issues, she spoke down to me and treated me like I was stupid. The second part of the visit was even worse, because I then was given a pap smear (that I was never told I was getting nor was it the reason for my visit!). I would never recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2014

I went to Dr. Cauthens for the birth of my son. Early in my pregnancy I found out that I had a long term medical condition. When I asked Dr. Cauthens how I had fallen victim to this condition and how it would affect my baby she became annoyed. I did my own research on the condition and when I asked her about what I found she once again became annoyed and answered my question with a very sarcastic tone. The answer that she gave weren’t really clear so when I continued to probe she became even more upset and at one point suggested that I now see her again. Dr. Cauthen showed no concern for my well being or the well being of my child she was cold hearted in my opinion. I took her advice and stop seeing her and went to another doctor who had the time to explain to me what was going on and what I could do about it.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

The staff is nice and friendly but Dr. Cauthen seemed annoyed that I asked questions. She was in a hurry , she was like this last time as well. She didnt care when I showed her a positive early pregnancy test that I took that morning before my appt. she said it was negative she looked again and saw a faint line but said it was an evap line. She is not knowledgable about early pregnancy tests obviously. I kept testing the line got darker and darker and I am definitely pregnant. I was concerned about an exam so early in pregnancy and expressed that and asked about it repeatedly. She didnt give me a chance to even tell her that I didn't want an internal exam before she even started the Pap smear and went ahead and did an internal exam. I will never go to her again. She doesn't care about the well being of her patients. I have researched on online and many other patients have similar issues. Horrible.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

I can't rate her as a physician as I never got to see her! I called and made appointment for my daughter in EARLY May. First available appt was June 25. Office called and rescheduled due to an "emergency surgery" 3 days prior to appt. I rescheduled, for 1 week later. Just received another call saying there was another emergency (5 days away) and that the appointment needs to be moved to 3 weeks from now! I DON'T NEED A DOCTOR WHO IS UNAVAILABLE AND PLAYS WITH THEIR SCHEDULES LIKE THIS. When I complained to the scheduler, her reply was not apologetic, but defensive saying that emergencies come up. Silly me, I thought emergencies meant immediate, not 3 or 5 days from now. I will be finding an appointment with a doctor who respects her patient's time.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

Dr. Laura C. Cauthen's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)