Ratings for Dr. Thanasis C. Bavelis

The head of the Arthritis department at St Joseph Hospital in in Chicago, Dr Apinya Lertratanakul, requested an Arthrogram be conducted on my wife’s right knee in the hospital as she was barely able to walk and it was unclear what the root cause was. The Arthrogram procedure was conducted by Dr Thanasis C Bavelis, who injected iodine into her knee, causing her great pain (I was present in the room). However, Dr Bavelis offered her no local pain reliever but just quickly proceeded with the injection and xrays. When our doctor later viewed the Arthrogram results, he told us that he could not see anything conclusive in the xray of the knee area in question because too much iodine had been injected, obscuring the images. He then advised an Arthrogam retest, which we refused. He then advised another cortisone injection and , if it found not effective, suggested an artificial knee (which we also rejected). My wife fortunately found other practitioners and is now doing well. The conduct of Dr Bevelis is inexcuseable, and in my view he has little claim to the title “healer” or the injunction “do no harm”.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

Dr. Thanasis C. Bavelis's Credentials

• Chicago Coll Of Osteo Med, Midwestern Univ, Chicago Il 60615 (Grad. 2002)