Ratings for Dr. Tifany L. Somer-Shely

Horrible experience. She completely systemizes your pregnancy. Rushes through appointments. Pushes lots of interventions for her convenience as opposed to what is best for the mom and baby. Find another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

My regular ob/gyno Dr. Kling couldn't take on my first pregnancy bc she too many pregnant patients so I decided to go with Dr. Somer-Shely for my first pregnancy. All of the office visits went fine, she was hurried in most of them but it didn't bother me enough to change doctors. When I was at my last appointment she decided I needed to be induced two days before my due date(I didn't want any interventions and she knew that). She told me it was due to a slight raise in my blood pressure well the day we went in at 6am saw her once and then didn't see her until three hours later. I was dilated to 10 by noon that day. She came in twice for a few moments then ran out of delivery room.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

I was extremely unsatisfied with the level of care provided to me by Dr. Somer-Shely during my most pregnancy. She is always in a hurry and very dismissive to patient concerns. I would not recommend her at all.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Very nice but does not listen to your concerns. I always felt like my concerns and questions were a haste for her. She was also very condescending when I declined the flu shot.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

Dr. Somer-Shely does NOT listen to patient concerns or symptoms. I recently suffered from an ectopic pregnancy. When I called to speak to her about what was going on with me (sudden onset abdominal pain, nausea, passing out), I specifically asked her if I could be suffering from an ectopic. She told me NO, ectopics are usually diagnosed around 5 weeks and since I was already 7 weeks, that probably wasn't the case here. That it was most likely a "GI bug" and there was no reason to go to the ER. She failed to timely diagnose a potentially life-threatening condition. Because of this, I had emergency surgery, lost my right fallopian tube and 25-30% of my total blood volume. My recommendation is to look elsewhere for Obstetric care.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

I love Dr. Shely. I am currently going through my second pregnancy with her and she has been great. With my last child she brought up VBAC to me, even though the idea made me so anxious - she never pressured me, just presented facts, and I'm so glad she did. It didnt end up working out, but I'm so thankful for her not just immediately signing me up for another c-section. I find her to be very knowledgable and her presence is quite comforting. Great doctor! Her nurse Becca is great, too. The phone nurses I havent had such great experiences with.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I had Dr Schely for two of my pregnancies. She was always very nice and supportive of the fact I prefer natural childbirths. The reason I gave her a lower ranking was because for one of my deliveries, the staff couldn't find her. I asked if maybe she wasn't on call, but No they said that wasn't it--they just couldn't get alhold of her. Another doctor delivered and when I went to Dr Shely for my follow-up she didn't even acknowledge that she wasn't there! I think she is just too overwhelmed with so many patients. I felt like she wouldn't have remembered my name without the charts. She's certainly nice and knowledgeable, but I didn't feel like there was much of a personal relationship when going through a very personal experience.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

I am pregnant with my 2nd child and my first doctor (1st pregnancy) was 10 times better than Dr. Shely. Dr. Shely has not been very helpful or friendly and rushes to get me out her office during my vistits. But when my husband is with me on doctor vistits, she is a totally different person. Having a child should be a joyful experience --unfortunately not with Dr. Shely. I would not recommend her and believe the midwife I saw while she was on vacation was more affective.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013

Dr. Somer-Shely is the BEST! I like my doctors to have compassion and care as well as be knowledgable and she is all of that and more. I've had 2 pregnancies through Dr. Somer-Shely and both experiences were completely positive. I love her nurse Becca too. The only thing I would say is I had 2 miscarriages in a row and it would have been nice to get a personal call from the doctor herself/not the staff.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

I am a new patient of Dr. Somer-Shely's as of December 31, 2011. She is my hero! She and her staff were fabulous during my ablation surgery and the results are life-changing. I would highly recommend her and am forever grateful that I found her.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

Dr. Tifany L. Somer-Shely's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Oxford