Ratings for Dr. Michael R. Dorwart

He’s a jerkoff who needs to have his medical license revoked. Be cautious as he’s NOT an actual surgeon. He falsified my chart and claimed to “know” I’m a drug “addict” when he botched my surgery and then refused to take care of me after, even as I was left in the hospital 3 times screaming in pain. He said that I wasn’t in actual pain despite CT scan showing abscess on my spine thanks to him. Insulted me and my intelligence, degraded me to nothing. He’s a nasty person BUT the rest of the office staff is amazing!!!!! Hope you never have pain and see this asshat. You won’t have it managed in a positive way. And if you have increasing pain or complications, he will insult you, say you’re not having pain (AND CHART THAT!!) and throw your chart across the room.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

Wonderful Doctor. Very helpful & doesn't talk over your head. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Rude and sarcastic. Unprofessional. I'm dying of cancer and when I asked to have my medication adjusted he told me to "suck it up." He keeps trying to bully me into a pain pump , which I do not want (he would get a BIG commission). Looking for a real pain doctor as of now.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Dr Dorwart is very impatient! He will not listen to anything you have to say! He's a very large guy, and doesn't realize or care when he's hurting you! He's always in a hurry, and doesn't take the time to listen to what you have to say! I see Dr Dorwart to have my pain pump refilled every other month. Every time he refills your pump, he forces you to take a drug test! I could understand taking a drug test if he gave you a prescription for oral pain medicine! I've had my pump refilled by several other doctors, and never had to take a drug test! The drug test cost $3,000.00! That's 4 times as much as it cost to refill the pump! We can thank doctors like this for having to pay astronomical healthcare premiums! Think about this when you're selecting a doctor!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

I waited 2 hours in order for the doctor to spend 2 minutes with me. He didn't even look at my paperwork or my MRIs. He was insulting, and I just am not sure I would trust him to perform any procedures.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr.Dorwart is a great doctor! He listens to me and works with me with different medications. It is not his fault that the staff is poorly managed and understaffed. Also, the hospital always double books Dr.Dorwart and Dr. Wellington. I also have CRPS and he has managed to relieve pain as Dr. Dorwart and Dr. Wellington work as a team in treating paitients. The other reviewers need to realize that he practices in a university hospital and a top pain clinic in the UNITED STATES!!! Of course you will have to wait to get procedures done. It took almost a year for me to get my pain pump surgery that is not the doctors fault as they want to try every other technique and medicines before doing a life altering surgery. It's laughable to say this man does not have the knowledge of a top flight pain doctor

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

If you manage to get an appointment, don't expect your pain to really be managed. Expect to wait months to get an procedures scheduled that might take away the pain and get you off of the pain meds. A total joke of a system and a physician who really doesn't care much.

Submitted September 9, 2014

He was rude, had poor communication skills, and disrespected another doctors diagnosis. He even questioned the doctors age and if he still practices. I was shocked! I was not impressed by his personality, lack of empathy and knowledge of a very painful disease called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.

Submitted June 10, 2014

Dr. Michael R. Dorwart's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)

MSP/BC Med