Ratings for Dr. George P. Poletes

Does hack job work, and tells you to live with it....instead of fixing. His office staff is rude and inconsiderate. Choose a better surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Reading the reviews I wonder if I'm seeing the same doctor. I've had a wonderful experience with both the doctor and his staff. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Dr. Poletes removed a specious mole from my lip and you can't even tell it was done. Additional he has performed a breast reduction and did a fabulous job. He even came in when the office was closed and when he got back to town to remove some stitches that were causing irritation to my incisions. I have never had a problem being able to be seen the same day if I have concerns from the breast left procedure. He has done a wonderful job and his staff has been fantastic to work with as well, especially Lisa and Danielle!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

I would not recommend Dr. Poletes to anyone; he is not patient-centric and is extremely offensive.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

Oh, NICE GUY. Loves to brag about himself and every thing he owns. However he removed 7 "cysts" from my breasts. I was concerned about scarring due to having keloid, and he told me "oh, you don't have keloid, nothing to worry about". Get the pathology report on the "cysts", and they weren't cysts at all, they were keloid SCARS. So he basically removed scars and replaced them with bigger, itchier, burning scars. They are a terrible sight and are incredibly uncomfortable. I will never ever go back to him again

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Where can I begin about George Poletes. There are a lot of plastic surgeons out there, but George is a truely great human being. What he did for me was beyond the normal plastic surgery. He saved my life physically and mentally. If there was ever anyone you could completely put your trust and faith in, it is this man. He and his office staff have some of the greatest compassion I have ever seen. Dr. Poletes is an extremely gifted surgeon and, I can guarantee, can rise to the occassion for any surgery needed or wanted. I am not a family friend or an employee. I am simply a woman George helped at my worst hour (bad surgery from another doctor). He will forever have my gratitude and will always be my hero. If you are looking to refine your body, take my word that you can trust this doctor. Thank you Dr. Poletes.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

DO NOT LET THIS DOCTOR PERFORM YOUR SURGERY!!!! He is arrogant, but pretends to care until he ruins your body with botched surgery, extensive & thick scars. The first time I came to see him (I'd never been to a plastic surgeon before) he told me what a great year he was having, even with the bad economy in MI. Then he told me he had been to seminars and "those CA doctors have nothing on me." I remember asking why he didn't go there and he said, "because I like being a big fish in a small pond." He performed a breast reduction and cut me from sternum to my back! After 8 months he said I needed a revision because he had placed one of my nipples incorrectly (I look horrible). I will never be the same, never had the confidence I once had in my body before TRUSTING him to do my surgery. Please read all these other comments and do not use this doctor!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011

Dr. Poletes is the best in town. I feel so lucky to have him as my Doctor. He is very accommodating and compassionate. His work is exceptional. I never waited to be seen by him. His staff is very efficient.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

I had 2 procedures done by Dr. Poletes. Unhappy with both procedures. He did not want to correct his mistakes. I have scars on my breasts that are thick and uneven. He even revised the scars and made them worse. He is very expensive and uncompetent. Staff is extremely rude too. Do NOT use this plastic surgeon. He has fancy commercials....and does a lot of radio advertising. This does not make him a good surgeon. Good plastic surgeons don't have to advertise.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2010

I wouldn't suggest this Dr for Rhinoplasty at all! I had surgeries and he would say he could "fix" this or that but he never did. He either didn't have the skill or didn't do his homework. He didn't want to make it right, he seems to be just in it for the money. Now I have to have a total reconstruction to fix the botched job after paying for this surgery out of my pocket. This Dr also told me that insurance wouldn't cover anything-which I find out later that wasn't true. Debbie at the front desk was rude and snobby. He maybe "good" at some surgeries but not Rhinoplasty BEWARE!!! and good luck finding someone that can do the job they say they can.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2009

Dr. George P. Poletes's Credentials

• Medical College Of Ohio (Grad. 1990)