Ratings for Dr. Steven I. Dyckman

Secretary is rude. Should really go take a course on manners

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

He is just a wonderful doctor. Great with teens akso

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Finally support, professionalism and empathy! We received Adhd assistance and education to guide our child through a difficult time. Through this, we found knowledge and techniques to help our child!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

This practice offers a professional and courteous staff, exceptionally timely appointments and considerate of patients personal time. Dr. Dyckman provides engaging and communicative sessions to ensure both the child and parent understand treatments, suggestions and medical theories and practices. He varies from other child psychiatrists by truly listening and fully evaluating a patients needs and past trial & errors. Dr. Dyckman was highly recommended to my family by top educators and after four other professional consults, both my child and I valued his service and ability beyond the others. I understand the frustration of some regarding finances as this was a concern for consideration, however finding a doctor who proposed multiple options of help available, while guiding us along various treatment programs and offering open availability for questions / concerns, was priceless.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

DR DYCKMAN DOES NOTHING FOR OUR DAUGHTER, EXCEPT READ WHAT THE SCHOOL REPORTS ON HER, AND THEN BASED ON THAT, HE WRITES A PRESCRIPTION. HE'S INTERVIEWED HER ALONE, ONE TIME AT MY URGING AND WROTE A LETTER STATING SHE DOES NOT FIT THE ASPERGERS SPECTRUM. HE WRITES UP THE RECEIPTS AS ADHD FOR CLOSE TO A YEAR. NOW IN A COURT MOTION THE EX WIFE SUPPLIES RECEIPTS FAXED TO HER THAT STATES "ASPERGERS" ON ALL OF THEM, WHICH CONTRADICTS THE PAID RECEIPTS I HAVE IN HIS HANDWRITING THAT CLEARLY SAYS "ADHD". THIS GUY HAS NO CREDIBILITY, NO DESIRE TO HELP OUR DAUGHTER, AND IN MY OPINION IS A SOLID WASTE OF TIME. HE ONLY CARES ABOUT GETTING PAID AND CLEARLY HAS NO DISCERNIBLE ABILITY TO HELP. AVOID HIM . I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND HIM.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

Dr Dyckman cares about one thing CASH!!!!!!He did a 20 min telephone session with my son and charged us for an hour. ($175)He makes sure his secretary has your credit card number and follows you out to the desk to ensure you pay her. How insulting, does he think you are going to run away without paying? Even if you did, he has your credit card on file! He totally did not care that I called him and emailed him for help when my son was sleeping 18 hours a day on the medication that he prescribed. He refused to take him off because he is over 18 and technically an adult. He does not understand that if someone needs help at such a young age their parent's input is important. He lacks professional experience and you can tell he lacks life experience also. He should have become a lawyer. He sits and listens acts like he is paying attention and then collects his money. He also raised his priced without notice. This guy is laughing at you all the way to the bank. In one word- QUACK!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2014

After reading the negative reviews for this doctor, I'm shocked. He was recommended to me by my family physician . I saw Dr. Dyckman for a few years, and he was very caring. I liked him so much that I am going to bring my daughter to see him. I know he will relate well to her. I wish he accepted insurance, but that's the only negative I can think of. The people writing scathing reviews must have an agenda.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

I paid $400 to talk to this doctor for 15 minutes only for him to tell me he couldn't or wouldn't help me, and agreed to drop the cost to $200. When the appt. was over, he actually followed me to the secretary, and made no mention of the cost to her. I signed the cc slip without looking because I was in a hurry to get out of there. Lo, and behold, the card was charged for $400! For 15 minutes of his time! I did dispute through my card provider, but still. He is more concerned with making money than he is with providing medical care. This doctor sucks and I would never advise anyone to go see him. The only redeeming factor is that he had no other patients on the way in or out so I was handled in a punctual manner.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2011

Dr. Dyckman has really changed my life in the past year. I believe he truly cares about his patients, stays up to date in new therapies and treatments and is very easy to communicate with. Making the decision to see a Psychiatrist can be difficult so I was extremely happy to find such a caring and intelligent Physician in Dr. Dyckman.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

I tried everything to change who I was in order to avoid the scars and wounds I felt by my former Dr. Band- aid;changing my appearance,losing and gaining weight,avoiding men,furthering my education,working 70 hours a week,isolating friends and family,moving to another state,traveling,Buddhistseminars,Kabbalah retreats,therapy,gestalt and DBT trainings for work and then utilizing it on myself.Everything I learned, I buried it in the bottom of my soul just the way I buried the memories of Dr. Band-aid.I always tried and did live at times a better life but trying and doing are not to be mistaken for accepting and expecting. Over the course of the past month and half, I realized just how the band-aid had pealed off layers and finally worn off. What was left of the band-aid pealed off yesterday.I went to dye my hair and I wasn't paying much attention to what she was doing,as I have never looked at myself in the mirror the same after my experience with this man. (continued below).

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Dr. Steven I. Dyckman's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1997)

Top Urgent Care Centers in East Brunswick, NJ