Ratings for Dr. Steven I. Dyckman

I too was not pleased with Dr. Dykeman. He is a good diagnostician but he needs to be reminded about you from visit to visit because he does not review his notes. He makes you come back every 4 months ven though he is not Changing your medication. Constantly increasing his rates. His secretary either doesn’t give him your message or he ignores them cause when you are in crisis you cannot get a call back for hours or not at all. This is mental health not a toothache. A cLl back can mean lif or death. In th e car now to try another doctor. Hope this doctor is more caring. At least her staff is friendly and pleasant.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

I'm honestly very shocked by the negative reviews here. My experience with doctor dyckman has been amazing and very validating. He definitely can be brash at times, so if that's not for you then maybe don't go, but I appreciate it because it brings me back to reality. He definitely knows when to be sensitive and when to tell it to you straight. Great sense of humor, direct, and overall my favorite experience with a psychiatrist thus far.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

Can be brash at times, tries to give life advice when not even trained in therapy, constantly prescribes medication that is either unneeded, tried before, or known to have severely bad side affects; never tells patients side-effects of said medication until it's too late. Rude, misogynistic, stuck in old ways. All his provided and untrained "therapy" is based on freudian psychology; does more harm than good. Incredibly overpriced, 400$ for an hour, $250 for 15 minutes. Only see if an absolute last resort. A talking sandwich with medical knowledge would be better at his job.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2018

Secretary is rude. Should really go take a course on manners

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

He is just a wonderful doctor. Great with teens akso

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Finally support, professionalism and empathy! We received Adhd assistance and education to guide our child through a difficult time. Through this, we found knowledge and techniques to help our child!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

This practice offers a professional and courteous staff, exceptionally timely appointments and considerate of patients personal time. Dr. Dyckman provides engaging and communicative sessions to ensure both the child and parent understand treatments, suggestions and medical theories and practices. He varies from other child psychiatrists by truly listening and fully evaluating a patients needs and past trial & errors. Dr. Dyckman was highly recommended to my family by top educators and after four other professional consults, both my child and I valued his service and ability beyond the others. I understand the frustration of some regarding finances as this was a concern for consideration, however finding a doctor who proposed multiple options of help available, while guiding us along various treatment programs and offering open availability for questions / concerns, was priceless.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

DR DYCKMAN DOES NOTHING FOR OUR DAUGHTER, EXCEPT READ WHAT THE SCHOOL REPORTS ON HER, AND THEN BASED ON THAT, HE WRITES A PRESCRIPTION. HE'S INTERVIEWED HER ALONE, ONE TIME AT MY URGING AND WROTE A LETTER STATING SHE DOES NOT FIT THE ASPERGERS SPECTRUM. HE WRITES UP THE RECEIPTS AS ADHD FOR CLOSE TO A YEAR. NOW IN A COURT MOTION THE EX WIFE SUPPLIES RECEIPTS FAXED TO HER THAT STATES "ASPERGERS" ON ALL OF THEM, WHICH CONTRADICTS THE PAID RECEIPTS I HAVE IN HIS HANDWRITING THAT CLEARLY SAYS "ADHD". THIS GUY HAS NO CREDIBILITY, NO DESIRE TO HELP OUR DAUGHTER, AND IN MY OPINION IS A SOLID WASTE OF TIME. HE ONLY CARES ABOUT GETTING PAID AND CLEARLY HAS NO DISCERNIBLE ABILITY TO HELP. AVOID HIM . I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND HIM.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

Dr Dyckman cares about one thing CASH!!!!!!He did a 20 min telephone session with my son and charged us for an hour. ($175)He makes sure his secretary has your credit card number and follows you out to the desk to ensure you pay her. How insulting, does he think you are going to run away without paying? Even if you did, he has your credit card on file! He totally did not care that I called him and emailed him for help when my son was sleeping 18 hours a day on the medication that he prescribed. He refused to take him off because he is over 18 and technically an adult. He does not understand that if someone needs help at such a young age their parent's input is important. He lacks professional experience and you can tell he lacks life experience also. He should have become a lawyer. He sits and listens acts like he is paying attention and then collects his money. He also raised his priced without notice. This guy is laughing at you all the way to the bank. In one word- QUACK!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2014

After reading the negative reviews for this doctor, I'm shocked. He was recommended to me by my family physician . I saw Dr. Dyckman for a few years, and he was very caring. I liked him so much that I am going to bring my daughter to see him. I know he will relate well to her. I wish he accepted insurance, but that's the only negative I can think of. The people writing scathing reviews must have an agenda.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

Dr. Steven I. Dyckman's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1997)

HealthPartners