Dr. John R. Dages

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. John R. Dages

Dr. Dages has been amazing. He is approachable and challenging! Glad to see him in Joplin.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Friendly, relatable, not some detached talking head . I have known John professionally for many years. I am not a therapist but frequently have needed to refer people to a quality therapist and John is the right guy. He approaches therapy as a positive experience to improve, versus some drudgery to endure. Plus, he is very well credentialed, unlike some folks who have just a little training and wing it. I would suggest him to those who do not want to get stuck with either some boring shrink or someone who is friendly but doesn't have the training to guide people successfully.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Dr Dages is extremely knowledgeable, motivating, and professional. I highly recommend his services.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

So glad he is staying in Joplin for now! Good luck with your private practice. You'll be seeing me soon!!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

A very kind and professional man. Highly recommend this doctor. He cleared me psychiatrically for my bariatric surgery and was amazing. Very warm. Smart and funny. He does not take himself to seriously but obviously knows his stuff. I left his office feeling great!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Amazing Ph.D. and great credentials! He has helped our family so much!!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Dr. Dages is great. He helped me with my eating disorder. He is kind but pushed me. I have had many counselors, but Dr. Dages seemed to have touched a nerve, and I am doing better! I've recommended 5 of my friends talk to him. He is hard to get an appointment with though, because f his schedule.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

Dr. Dages saved my life. He was relentless in coordinating care with my other doctors. He is by far the best substance abuse therapist I have ever had. I've seen him for 2 years and have been sober since. Outstanding skills and very caring.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

Dr. Dages helped me on my weight surgery evaluation. I was nervous about meeting him, and then I got in his office and got more nervous, seeing all his degrees and that he has a Ph.D. He quickly told me not to worry about "that wall" of his diplomas and told me me that he really didn't know how to type. I started crying and he stopped typing, and we did my introview. He cleared me for my surgery and told me I would now have see the surgeon. I loved talking to Dr. Dages. In fact, we scheduled another appointment. Thank you Ozark Center for hiring this man

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

I am a physician in Missouri. My interactions with Dr. Dages regarding a complicated eating disorders patient have been extremely professional. Rural areas of Missouri could use more Ph.D. - level trained psychologists like him. Very impressed. Well done Freeman Hospital for recruiting such an amazing and talented psychologist.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Dr. John R. Dages's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Desjardins Insurance