Ratings for Dr. Scott A. Dexter

This is the best dental practice I have ever seen. My children have been seeing Dr. Dexter since they both were around 3. The staff is always curteous, helpful, and willing to answer any questions that a person could have. My children actually look forward to going to the dentist. I have never seen more happy kids coming out of an appointment than when kids go to Dr. dexter.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

This is a horrible practice. I was actually asked to leave because I questioned a procedure and a billing practice. It was many years ago that I took my children there, and I am still saddened by the treatment received. I'm writing this review to prevent parents from going there.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

Dr. Dexter had BAD TIME MANAGEMENT for sedation and (first ever!) tooth extraction procedure for our 2 year old daughter. As first patients in the morning, we waited 30 min for the sedative medication to be introduced to her. It was given by nurse from a plastic cup instead of syringe by mouth, so that our daughter spilled part of it. After we waited 1 h 10 min instead of promised 45 min and the sedative medication was wearing off, the nurse told us that the sedative did not worked out on her and the doctor will tie her in a chair with a cloth wrap so that she wouldn't fight and perform the extraction. Dr. Dexter refused to appear in person and explain the procedure of extraction he will do without sedation as well as to show us and discuss the results of the X-Ray on the tooth needed to be pulled out (and this is one month after the previous visual exam by the same doctor!). We walked away from this doctor for good.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

I agree with the earlier comment regarding dosage concerns. Also I was required to sign waivers stating that if my child suffered a broken jaw or bruising all over his face I was not to sue. When I questioned this I was chewed out by the receptionist.I was not allowed to be present for any procedures and to add to the last comment. I was told the assistant is his wife, that should give some insight to the big picture. My son was 3 when he visited Dr. Scott. Even though he was severly doped up after his dental visit he was very sure of one thing. He stated very clearly that because he was upset in the back that Dr. Scott took his security blanket. Did I mention that he came out with Silver teeth. No prior mention of that before the visit. Before my son came out I witnessed another child come out with 2 silver front teeth. Her mother and I had some things in common. We were both young mothers and our children both had MEDICAID. Make your own assumptions however years later my son still is scared of the Dentist.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

SAFETY CONCERNS!THE DENTAL ASSISTANT WEIGHED MY 3 YEAR OLD ON A SCALE SET ON CARPETING TO DETERMINE ANESTHESIA DOSING, WHEN I VOICED CONCERNS ABOUT ACCURACY,SHE STATED "WELL, THIS IS WHAT WE DO FOR ALL OF OUR PATIENTS" (PEDIATRIC PATIENTS ARE ALWAYS WEIGHED IN KILOS FOR ACCURACY!)SHE THEN ROLLED HER EYES AND WALKED AWAY.MY SON WAS GIVEN A PLAN OF CARE THAT INCLUDED USING GENERALIZED ANESTHESIA THREE DIFFERENT OCCASIONS,WHEN ALL PROCEDURES PERFORMED COULD HAVE BEEN DONE AT THE SAME APPOINTMENT,THEREBY UTILIZING GEN ANESTHESIA ONLY ONCE(FOR SAFETY PURPOSES). WHEN I VOICED CONCERNS THE SAME DENTAL ASSISTANT STATED "THE DOCTOR DOESN'T HAVE TIME FOR ALL OF THAT IN ONE APPOINTMENT". I AM A PEDIATRIC RN AND AM VERY AWARE OF THE IMPORTANCE BEING EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DEALING WITH ANESTHESIA FOR PEDIATRIC PATIENTS, AND WAS EXTREMELY UPSET TO THINK THE THE GOOD DOCTOR DID NOT SEE FIT TO HAVE ANESTHESIA ADMINISTERED SAFELY(IS THE ASSISTANT EVEN LICENSED FOR THAT? AND AS FEW TIMES AS POSSIBLE)!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011