You may also like

Rate Dr. Mark C. Valente

Dr. Mark C. Valente's Ratings

I am very happy with the choice I made in considering Dr. Valente with my surgery. Him and his staff explained everything in detail to me about the procedures and steps that would be performed with my surgery. I would highly suggest him to anyone. When I returned for my revisit he provided me with more information regarding the surgeries I had. He is an exceptional DR

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2895417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2015

I called in acute pain - I was worked in immediately, seen and went to surgery about 7-8 days later after approvals from my insurance company. The staff was caring and compassionate. I was grateful they were so quick to get me in to see Dr. Valente. Dr. Valente took his time to explain all my options, and what needed to be done. I consulted with two other physicians and decided Dr. Valente was the physician I needed to do my surgery. I was in a lot of pain prior to surgery and was very concerned about how I would feel after my surgery. I work in the medical field in pain management and have seen many failed surgeries. Dr. Valente explained exactly what and how he would do the surgery in great detail. I opted for surgery and when I work up after surgery I was pain-free. The first week I began to have leg pain in my left leg but by the end of the week it was gone and from then on I have remained pain free. Totally pain free. I am still amazed and feel so blessed. Dr.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2892912].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2015

Dr. Valente is professional, compassionate and truly a great person and surgeon! Dr. Valente gave me my life back after performing a minimally invasive fusion surgery on me. I consulted with 4 different spine surgeons and felt that Dr. Valente and his staff were the most knowledgeable and caring and made my decision easy. The follow-up visits have confirmed that he is the best in surgical abilities and patient care. I am so grateful to have had my back fixed by Dr. Valente and to now experience life pain free!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2888627].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2015

My husband saw this doctor for herniated disc and we visited five times and out of all visits only saw him once. He was not caring and the PT he recommended was not very helpful and had to wait 6 months for an epidural. Not a happy customer. I do not recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2885783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2015

Dr. Valente did EXACTLY what he promised! My back pain is completely GONE & I've got my life back! He explained specifically in detail the procedure I needed, his surgery scheduler helped me through everything prior to surgery from medical clearance to navigating my insurance company authorization. His staff was always helpful, sometimes staying on the phone with me reassuring me along the way. I recommend Dr. Valente to ANYONE who's in pain, tired of pain meds & ready to ELIMINATE the problem instead of drudging thru treatment after treatment. Dr. Valente & his staff are truly wonderful.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2681222].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

DR Valente did surgery on me in 2011, he was doing a fusion L4-L5-L5-S1 I spent almost 3 weeks in ICU due to two spinal tears. I am still disabled can not even make my own bed without having to lay down flat. You might want to think about another Dr, even the TEXAS MEDICAL BOARD concluded that my disability started on the day DR, Valente did my surgery.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2660312].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 21, 2014

I had sciatic nerve pain down my entire left leg keeping me from sitting, or walking. I crawled around for 5 weeks, I tried physical therapy, but it was not successful. I had a fusion surgery of L5 to S1. I am 4 weeks post operation and have no sciatic nerve pain whatsoever. Actually, no sciatica 3 days after operation at all. Valente knows what he is doing and is professional and friendly while being extremely busy. Highly would recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2550213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Dr. Valente is an extremely talented and gifted surgeon. I had a previous anterior multi-level cervical discectomy with fusion 2 years prior that never completely fused. Dr. Valente came highly recommended and lived up to every bit of the high praise. His diagnosis was spot on and he took the time to explain everything to me. I am 5 months post op now from the posterior cervical fusion (C4-C7) and am finally getting a taste of what it feels like to be nearly pain free! I would recommend Dr. Valente to anyone who has suffered any kind of spine pain. Yes, he's a busy man and highly sought after, so be sure to schedule your appointment as early in the morning as possible to reduce wait time. I will tell you from personal experience that each day I was in the hospital Dr Valente came by to check on me around 5am, so keep that in mind when you see him that he's a busy man whose already 2-3 hours into his day by the time most people hit their first snooze button.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2537640].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

Amazing surgeon, bit if you value your time look for another amazing surgeon. Notoriously 2 hours behind for each appt.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2506368].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

I am undergoing a spinal fusion next month with Dr. Valente... I am in horrible pain after 2 failed back surgeries with two different doctors whom were Nuerosurgeons. Dr Valente is so knowledgeable and promises he can relieve my pain. I have heard nothing but good about him and have full faith he will get me back to a better quality of life. Very positive doctor and extremely confident.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2505124].votes_count ]]