Ratings for Dr. Geneva L. Hill

I have RA that began when I was living in another state. I moved and began to see Dr. Hill. She didn't listen to my medical history; only that I was in pain. She tested me for fibromyalgia, even though I told her that I was diagnosed with RA. She told me that I was too fat, and that if I lost weight I wouldn't be in pain, even though my blood work showed that my ANA was through the roof. She told me that I would have to come back when any of my knuckles swelled to prove I had a problem. When ONE of my knuckles swelled, I got right in and when she saw me, she said, "Well I guess you do have RA." That was when she started treatment. The meds I was taking caused a severe reaction. When I called her (she was on call) she asked me whose patient I was. She didn't remember me. She told me that the meds I was taking wouldn't cause that kind of reaction and it must be something else. I ended up in the hospital for 19 days. My spleen was taken out, I was given chemo, and was out of work for 3 months. All because of the medication she said couldn't have caused this kind of problem. (Dr. Lawson's staff knew it was the medication as soon as they saw me!) Save your time, money, dignity, and your life!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

As a medical professional my self everything in these reviews concerning Dr. Hill are 100% true, she is possibly the most dismissive physician I have ever seen. I have had 5-6 appointments with her over the past few years and I have left so frustrated each and every time because she acts like she has never laid eyes on you on your chart before, she clearly does not review her notes or lab work before entering the room. I do not recommend this physician--it is no accident that she has more reviews on this site compared to other Rhuem. in the area and all but two are negative and repeat the same story over and over.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Eyes on her computer the whole time. Ask u a question then types on computer and looks like she never heard your answer and jumps to another question. Then when my disability review agent called her she told him there were no records on me for the last year. I have been her patient for over 3 years. Bloodwork done every 6 weeks or more. My bank account certainly shows my record of seeing her multiple times. She forgets EVERYTHING. Called me once to say liver enzymes were up. Then called me next day with same conversation not recalling her previous call.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Okay , but goes through changes , goes back on her words and is forgetful. I thought she was a Fibromyalgia specialist but, I found out she isn't. It is not even listed as one of the illnesses that she treats on her information page on Piedmont Arthritis 's website

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

At first visit, she was wonderful. However, second visit, she couldn't remember what was discussed last visit (although since she is constantly typing into computer during my visits, it seems she could have referred to notes ??) By third visit, I felt degraded by her lack of human empathy toward a few of my concerns about the medication. I didn't appreciate this since I don't have many concerns, and am not a "high-maintenance" person. Each visit, she said something different, contradicting info given in previous visits. I am paying her to see me, and I don't know where to turn next. I would like to change doctors, as I like being treated with at least small amounts of courtesy.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

She is veer intelligent. She cares about her patients!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

I will never go back to this doctor. First she was very rude because I had perfume on. I had no idea I couldn't wear perfume there but she didn't have to be rude about it. She left the door open because of the perfume so I'm sure people could hear our conversation about my medical history..is that a violation of Hippa? My perfume is not cheap and I only had a little on. She is very very condescending and wouldn't let me finish my answers to her questions before asking another question. She was quick to say I was wrong about research I have studied for years. I will be finding a doctor who is more concerned about me...never in my life have I wanted to hurry and get out of a doctor's office.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2014

Dr. Hill is ok, but maybe not my preference for the future. She appears disinterested and bored during patient appointments. But perhaps she is struggling with her own health challenges, who knows... She did give me an informational print-out with a few helpful suggestions for my condition. She was not quick to diagnose anything, which depending on your health goals, could be bad or good. It's easy for a doctor to slap a label on someone before really investigating, so in that sense, I am glad she did a thorough evaluation before jumping to conclusions. Thankfully, my health improved and I have not had to go back.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Dr. Hill is terrible...she never remembered what was wrong with me or what she prescribed me. I have been seeing her for a year and every time I go see her, she 's clueless and doesnt seem interested. I think she just prescribes medicine to get me out of there and so she can get paid. PLEASE save your health and time by going to someone else!!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

Cold-fish of a doctor. Wasted my precious time going to see her. Not at all concerned about my pain levels or if my problem (back) was mechanical or arthritis related. Showed more interest in me taking Celebrex with Ibuprofen than anything else about me. Real nothing of a doctor in my opinion. I'm finding my own arthritis doctor now.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2012

Dr. Geneva L. Hill's Credentials

• Univ Of Ky Coll Of Med, Lexington Ky 40536 (Grad. 1987)