Ratings for Dr. Lisa E. Heuer

I am a very athletic person. I run and also participate in road races including half marathons and marathons; but I wasn't eating smart enough. A friend of mine had been going to Dr. Heuer and when I saw my friend, she looked amazing! I asked her what her secret was and she explained to me that Dr. Heuer was teaching her how to eat smarter and guiding her every step of the way to her journey for better health. So, I made an appointment and I am now on my own journey. I have lost the extra fat and I finally look like a super fit long distance runner because I understand how the body performs the way it does. My running times have dramatically improved and I have shed over 20 Lbs of fat!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

Dr. Heuer is an angel. She is very knowledgeable about the human body and the metabolic systems and because of that I have been able to lose 75 pounds that I have been struggling to lose for a long time. I must make you aware that this isn't a diet or a fad. Working with the doctor is a science. She knows what she is doing. This is a medical approach to losing weight. And I am living proof that it works!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Thank you Dr. Heuer. You have given me a new lease on life. I am no longer sick of myself both mentally and physically. I was always beating myself up because I couldn't lose weight. And with the inability to lose weight I was feeling very down on myself. Dr. Heuer performed blood work, measurements and health check points to make sure my health was in check before doing anything else. Once we got my numbers back she worked with me one on one and my appointments were specific and exact and I always walked out of her office with more confidence and a healthier look on life.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

I found Dr. Heuer and it was life saving for me! I needed to lose weight and take control of my health right away. I was heading down a path to danger with high blood pressure and pre-diabetes. She helped reign me back in and has been so crucial to improving my health. Dr. Heuer empathetically listened to me. She is very well educated in the physical, physiological, and psychological elements of the human body and its metabolic functions. I am happy to report that I have lost weight and I am close to no longer needing my medications because I have lost such a significant amount of weight. I would highly recommend you checking into what Dr. Heuer can do for you. This isn't a scam, it's not a fad, it's the real deal, it's a medical makeover.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

I never knew I was going to get this healthy when I stepped into Dr. Heuer's office.  The doctor is wicked smart and knowledgeable in all aspects of medicine, ie, cardiology, endocrinology and even psychiatry.   I have lost a good amount of weight so far and I am also lowering my blood pressure.  If I continue down this path, I will most likely go off of my blood pressure medication completely!  I have tried going to a nutritionist and weight loss center with minimal, fleeting success.  This is a far better experience.  There is no comparison.  This works and makes sense.   Dr. Heuer has truly made my body work for me instead of spinning my wheels all these years.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

My wife and I have been going to see Dr. Heuer after I had a mild heart attack. My doctor recommended her to me. He said that if I can manage my weight and my sugar I will have a better quality of life. Being overweight isn't a good quality of life. My wife and I started to take walks every day and we also prepare our meals together. Having a partner to work with and encouraging me is also a factor for success. Although I still need to take medications for my heart, I have lowered my blood sugar via the diet and we are watching those numbers improve. I also feel a lot better and have a lot more energy now that I am eating better and exercising with my bride.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

I just got back from a trip to Disney World with my grandchildren and I am so happy! I was able to keep up with the children and I didn't have to sit down and rest like I used to because I was too heavy and tired from carrying all that extra weight around. I was still able to make healthy eating choices while at the parks and knew that my lifestyle of decision making was different and that felt great! Instead of getting a burger or hot dog to eat I was able to make smarter choices and that made me feel good about myself and it also physically felt good. I have Dr. Heuer to thank for getting me to this place in my life. Thank you so much! I know my grandchildren noticed the difference too!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I have gained a lot of trust with Dr. Heuer. Not only is she helping me lose weight but she is helping me with my medical concerns as well. Her program focuses on the whole body. I have lost weight and have lowered my blood pressure thanks to her. I am very pleased with her work and thankful for her intelligence in this area!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Dr. Heuer is awesome! I have a stressful job which leads me to stress eat. It got so out of control that I just couldn't take buying more larger clothes and wasting money. I began my journey with Dr. Heuer and started losing weight right away. There was no additional stress with using her program either. She was very understanding and helpful. I feel like I have gained control of my eating again and I am giving away those larger clothes. I don't want to see them ever again! I also found myself in much better health once I started working with her. She not only helped me with my weight; but she also helped me with my cholesterol and blood pressure, which are added benefits to the weight loss!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

I know for a fact that Dr. Heuer's program is changing my life. I had a very difficult time hearing from my doctor that I was pre-diabetic. I knew that diabetes can be controlled by eating better and exercising so I went to her to right my course. Thank goodness I did. I was able to lose the extra weight I have been carrying around and am now no longer at risk for diabetes as long as I continue to follow her plan and guidance. The great thing about her plan is that it is something I can do forever and she really does teach me how to navigate any situation such as travel, parties, and any other celebration with ease.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

Dr. Lisa E. Heuer's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Lisa E. Heuer's clinical expertise in the neurobiology of weight management, nutrition, and exercise physiology has made her an expert in the fight against obesity. She returns to Rockland County after training and working in New York City for over a decade.Dr. Heuer graduated from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City and holds a Bachelor of Science with Honors from Cornell University. Before entering medical school, Dr. Heuer did graduate work in Clinical Nutrition at New York University Dr. Heuer's program offers a comprehensive, medical approach. There is a science to weight loss based on Evidence Based Medicine. The only way to maximize fat loss and keep the weight off permanently is to change the hormonal environment in your body, in essence, to change your neurophysiology. This approach is what differentiates Dr. Heuer's practice from other weight loss options. And you'll find comfort in her philosophy of: "I don't just treat you, I'm with you in your fight for better health through weight loss and management until you succeed!"

• English