Dr. Lisa E. Heuer

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Lisa E. Heuer

I needed a change and I couldn't do it alone. My friend told me about Dr. Heuer and I reluctantly made the appointment to speak with her and learn more about her program. Once I met with her for the first time I knew this was where I needed to go in order to finally have success. I couldn't lose weight on my own. I would, but then it would come back. Sometimes more than before I lost the weight! I was extremely frustrated and needed to find out what the problem was. Dr. Heuer explained so much to me about my hormones and my body's chemical makeup that really has an impact on how we lose weight. It is so scientific and medically involved; and she really knows what she is talking about and has seemed to crack the code on how to lose weight successfully. I am happy to say that I have lost 80 pounds since working with her and have kept it off for 4 months so far. I believe it won't come back either! I know what to do and what not to do and don't want to go back to my old body ever again!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

While everyone is running around with the hustle and bustle of the holiday season it's hard to find time to make sure you are taking are of yourself. I used to do what most people do and ignore myself, while trying to get everything done for everyone else. Since I met Dr. Heuer a year ago and worked with her consistently, I learned that it is important to take care of me before others. Otherwise, I will fall into the traps that I always fell into which led me to gain extra weight that I hated. I lost that weight and kept it off for 6 months now and I am very pleased with my results. I also feel less stressed because I am taking care of myself.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

My weight loss was critical because I was experiencing major knee problems. The effects of carrying around the extra weight was burdening me and my orthopedist said that knee surgery would be in my near future if I didn't make some changes. I was also very tired and was losing my motivation to take care of myself. I knew I had to do something. My daughter encouraged me to find someone to help me. Doing it on my own was just too hard. I found Dr. Heuer and she set me up for success. I also found out that I was on a path to needing medications for blood pressure and cholesterol; but I was able to avoid those by following the plan she created for me. After working diligently with Dr. Heuer, I feel like my old self, I stayed off taking any meds, and my knee feels great. This has been one of the most life changing experiences I ever underwent. Thanks to Dr. Heuer and my daughter for pushing me.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

I am a whole new person. I really mean it! Half of me is gone! I can’t believe I used to wear clothes that you cannot just buy off the rack. But now I can shop anywhere I want! I have Dr. Heuer to thank for this. She has made me healthier and leaner and stronger. She is so smart and really knows what fuels the body. I was embarrassed to go see her at first, but she really only wants success for her patients and I am a success story to prove it!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

I had to make change in my life that required me to lose weight or else I was going to lose a lot of my freedom in life due to unhealthy habits and unhealthy medical tests. Dr. Heuer gave me a full work over with my medical health to help me determine what was the source of my issues. I was open to all of her suggestions and knew I was in excellent hands of a doctor who cares about her patients and helping them get to a better place in their lives. Dr. Heuer gave me my health back. I did have to do the actual work myself; but she was an excellent coach and guide.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

I have to say thank you to my doctor. She helped me achieve a goal I have been trying to meet for many many years. I needed to lose a significant amount of weight and never knew how. Dr. Heuer knows how and has made my wish a reality. She had also helped take me off blood pressure medication. My weight loss has made me so much healthier and I feel so much better as a person from the inside out!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

After battling chronic depression and weight gain for most of my adult life I needed a change. I was lucky enough to find Dr. Heuer who made that change possible. I had given up on myself until a dear friend of mine passed away from a heart attack. That was an eye opener for me because I thought she was healthy; just a little overweight. I had no idea how weight can play a major role on our overall health. After I started to go to my visits to Dr. Heuer I noticed small changes in my health. My blood pressure was getting lower as the weight was coming off. The doctor also managed my blood work and meds to help me make sure I am taking care of my whole person, not just my weight. I am finally seeing a change in both my physical and mental self; and while I am sad to have lost a dear friend, I am glad that I am taking care of myself so that I can be here for my family and friends.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

I am a very athletic person. I run and also participate in road races including half marathons and marathons; but I wasn't eating smart enough. A friend of mine had been going to Dr. Heuer and when I saw my friend, she looked amazing! I asked her what her secret was and she explained to me that Dr. Heuer was teaching her how to eat smarter and guiding her every step of the way to her journey for better health. So, I made an appointment and I am now on my own journey. I have lost the extra fat and I finally look like a super fit long distance runner because I understand how the body performs the way it does. My running times have dramatically improved and I have shed over 20 Lbs of fat!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

Dr. Heuer is an angel. She is very knowledgeable about the human body and the metabolic systems and because of that I have been able to lose 75 pounds that I have been struggling to lose for a long time. I must make you aware that this isn't a diet or a fad. Working with the doctor is a science. She knows what she is doing. This is a medical approach to losing weight. And I am living proof that it works!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Thank you Dr. Heuer. You have given me a new lease on life. I am no longer sick of myself both mentally and physically. I was always beating myself up because I couldn't lose weight. And with the inability to lose weight I was feeling very down on myself. Dr. Heuer performed blood work, measurements and health check points to make sure my health was in check before doing anything else. Once we got my numbers back she worked with me one on one and my appointments were specific and exact and I always walked out of her office with more confidence and a healthier look on life.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Dr. Lisa E. Heuer's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Lisa E. Heuer's clinical expertise in the neurobiology of weight management, nutrition, and exercise physiology has made her an expert in the fight against obesity. She returns to Rockland County after training and working in New York City for over a decade.Dr. Heuer graduated from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City and holds a Bachelor of Science with Honors from Cornell University. Before entering medical school, Dr. Heuer did graduate work in Clinical Nutrition at New York University Dr. Heuer's program offers a comprehensive, medical approach. There is a science to weight loss based on Evidence Based Medicine. The only way to maximize fat loss and keep the weight off permanently is to change the hormonal environment in your body, in essence, to change your neurophysiology. This approach is what differentiates Dr. Heuer's practice from other weight loss options. And you'll find comfort in her philosophy of: "I don't just treat you, I'm with you in your fight for better health through weight loss and management until you succeed!"

• English