Dr. Lisa E. Heuer

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Lisa E. Heuer

Dr. Heuer is the only weight loss program that works LONG TERM. I have tried countess diets, pills, shakes, supplements, etc. and while they helped me lose weight short term, I always regained everything back and then some. I lost hope until a friend of mine referred me to Dr. Heuer. She lost over 80 pounds years ago and is still looking and feeling great. Thanks Dr. Heuer.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2018

Best experience I have ever had with a weight loss program. Dr. Heuer is caring, compassionate, and wicked smart. I can't believe all the misinformation regarding weight loss that is out there. Wish I could give her an additional star! The program is comprehensive, easy to follow, and the education I received was priceless. I'm healthier, happier, and feel great about myself inside and out. First time in my life I was ever successful.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2018

Dr. Heuer is the most comprehensive, intelligent, caring doctor I have ever met. I lost a ton of weight, feel amazing, and all my medical conditions disappeared. I feel 30 years old again! I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

I'm working on making better choices in my life and I made a choice to see Dr. Heuer for a major change. I needed to lose weight I had been carrying around with me since my son's death. I dealt with my depression by eating and not taking care of myself. When my friend told me about her I had to go see if she could help me. She was more helpful than I could imagine! I just thought she was going to give me a "diet" to follow and I'd hopefully lose the weight. But she has a whole medical weight loss program that is customized to my own body's hormones. She also provided me the support mentally when I was having a hard time. Dealing with depression is very hard. When your depression also causes you to drown your sorrows with food you really need someone who can help with that. She was extremely helpful. I lost the weight I put on and a little bit more and because I feel more secure mentally, I know I am going to succeed in keeping this weight off!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

I have never heard of grhelin or leptin resistance when it came to losing weight until I met Dr. Heuer. I thought dieting was less calories in and burn more calories in order to lose a pound. Do that continuously over time and you will eventually lose the amount of weight you desired. BUT, when you get out of that habit of counting every morsel you put in your mouth and the daily workouts, you immediately gain that weight back and more. At least that's what happened to me. So when I met her I learned how important the balance of hormones and chemicals in the body are a fine tuned program she has to help lose weight. I was successful in losing over 60 pounds and kept it off for a year!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

When you have such a large transformation in your life it shows on the outside; but most of it takes place on the inside. I lost over 100 pounds with Dr. Heuer and the first changes people began to notice was in my face and neck first. Then they began to notice it all over. After a longer time it was apparent throughout my whole body. Then people said I started to have a glow about me. It was true. Because I was taking such good care of myself, my transformation was happening from the inside out. The healthy changes I was making to my body was changing the way my skin looked, the way I felt about myself and my overall mood had changed incredibly. I no longer felt so tired and depressed. I enjoyed shopping for clothes that fit and weren't the same 5 outfits I wore each week. I walk with my head up now. I feel like that has been as much of a triumph than the actual weight loss! I feel so much better about myself and I owe that to the support, guidance, and counseling from Dr. Heuer. She has been so successful in creating a program that really helps people!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

Since I have been working with Dr.Heuer I can make smart choices even when I travel. I was able to enjoy a vacation with my family without guilt and fear that a meal was going to take me off track and I would gain lots of weight back. If by chance I had a meal that wasn’t ideal it was just one meal and because I have the tools now to stay at a healthy weight I had no feelings of guilt. She is really smart and has created a program that is very successful and has helped me lose a large amount of weight.... 70 pounds! Also, I no longer need to take blood pressure and cholesterol medications.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

I used to be a very active person until I suffered an injury which took me a long time to recover. I looked so different and started to gain a lot of weight. Then I found Dr. Heuer who was very understanding of my challenge and she got me back on track. Her program is so different from anything else out there. It is backed by her expansive medical expertise, unlike any nutritionist, chiropractor, or weight loss program out there. She listened to me and understood my struggles. In my time away from my daily workouts, I needed to begin taking cholesterol and blood pressure medications. She helped me lose all that weight I gained and a little more. I felt better about myself again and am now going back to the gym regularly and feel more positive about myself. Off all my meds too!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Dr. Heuer is the first doctor I have experienced that really understood my lifetime battle with my weight. I have tried every diet out there for the last 20+ years. In fact, I can barely remember not being on a diet. Her program is not a fad. She explains the physiology of what is going on in your body as you are easily losing weight, without hunger or cravings. I was amazed at how seamless transitioning to a healthy lifestyle was with her. I have lost and kept off 50 lbs for over a year and this is just the new me. I feel and look amazing.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Having four children within a six year period did a number on my body. I love my children dearly; but I miss my pre-baby body and I don't want to have surgery to feel better about myself. So before I took any drastic approaches to change my body after having kids, I went to Dr. Heuer. She was able to help me lose my baby weight first before I was going to make any decisions on whether or not I wanted cosmetic surgery to fix the areas that bothered me. I am so glad I chose her approach first. I do feel much better about myself after losing all the weight plus a little more and I am no longer considering cosmetic surgery to look "perfect". I feel so much more confident and more like my old self again.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

Dr. Lisa E. Heuer's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Lisa E. Heuer's clinical expertise in the neurobiology of weight management, nutrition, and exercise physiology has made her an expert in the fight against obesity. She returns to Rockland County after training and working in New York City for over a decade.Dr. Heuer graduated from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City and holds a Bachelor of Science with Honors from Cornell University. Before entering medical school, Dr. Heuer did graduate work in Clinical Nutrition at New York University Dr. Heuer's program offers a comprehensive, medical approach. There is a science to weight loss based on Evidence Based Medicine. The only way to maximize fat loss and keep the weight off permanently is to change the hormonal environment in your body, in essence, to change your neurophysiology. This approach is what differentiates Dr. Heuer's practice from other weight loss options. And you'll find comfort in her philosophy of: "I don't just treat you, I'm with you in your fight for better health through weight loss and management until you succeed!"

• English