Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Schirripa

Dr.Schirripa and his staff provided me with first-rate prenatal care throughout my first and second pregnancy. Dr. Shcirripa treated me as if he was treating his daughter. He always answered my questions and took the time to explain things in detail. I had a repeated C-section and Dr. Schirripa took extra care to make sure my experience was as smooth as possible. From the minute my water broke to the post-up treatment its clear that Dr. Schirripa cares about his patients. Overall, my experience was wonderful and I look forward to being his patient in the future. He cares abt the well being of his patients and his nurse Maureen always called and made sure I was okay, they are both great with me. I am so grateful I had a doctor who guided me every step of the way with both pregnancies. P.S he also did a great job w the c section scars. I definitely recommend him to others. I had other drs in before Dr.Schirippa and didn't care or guide me the way he has done.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Horrible bedside manner. The nurse insisted I come in for a treatment. When I showed up he suggested something totally different i.e. no course of treatment. His information was given to me, while in a paper gown already. When I questioned the conflicting information he became annoyed and displeased. It was completely unprofessional. I suggest finding a doctor with respect for women and their ability to be involved in their own health care. You will not find any of that with this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Although I always saw the PA,for years,whom I loved and now miss,I had made an appt to see Dr Schrippa. I did feel a little uncomfortable at first,but as he went on to speak, he had soothing words to say,and I feel he has a good heart!!!! He did take his time to help. Yes I would highly recommend this doctor,for many reasons! He does care,and his staff are very caring pleasant

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Dr. Shrippa is very professional and explains him self well. He also takes the time to answer my questions. However in order to see him you need to deal with his Front desk staff first. They are extremely rude and disrespectful not to mention disorganized.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Poor bedside manner and because of that I felt uncomfortable. Perhaps some people think he is great, but my experience was not good. His office nurse emphatically insisted on one course of treatment and then when I showed up for such treatment to be done, the doctor himself suggested that I could wait. When I was confused and unsure of what to do because of the conflicting things I had been told by the nurse and then him he became annoyed.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

The worst dr ever! Doesn't even deliver half the time. Usually has dr heltzer do it. Told me to go to the hospital when my water broke and that he would see me there.. Never showed up... Never even called to check up. Nothing ! Didn't hear from him once or see him after he told me to go to the hospital. So horrible !!!!!! Will be finding a new dr for sure !

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Every time I'm here I wait for at least an hour. He spends 5 minutes with me. Why do doctors think their time is more important than their patients?

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

Dr.Schirripa and his staff provided me with first-rate prenatal care throughout my first pregnancy. As a new patient, Dr. Shcirripa treated me as if I had been going to him for years. He always answered my questions and took the time to explain things in detail. At the end of my pregnancy it was determined that I needed a C-section and Dr. Schirripa took extra care to make sure my experience was as smooth as possible. From the surgery to the post-up treatment its clear that Dr. Schirripa cares about his patients. Overall, my experience was wonderful and I look forward to being his patient in the future.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

Dr.Schirripa is a great doctor and is caring to his patients.. I just had a rough pregnancy and Dr Schirripa was my guidance and everything he said he was a man of his word.,I was terrified and he made sure I understood everything of my preeclampsia.My water broke Labor day and dr schirippia was there by my side and made sure I was comfortable and calm. He answered all my questions and after bein in labor for 12 hours he made sure I was very comfortable with having a c section.,He delivered my son and the next day he came to hospital to check up on me and he also made sure that I was doing ok. I will def have this doctor deliver my next child when in the nearest future. His office staff is soo helpful especially Maureen his nurse she treated me like I was her friend and made sure I was always okay, and sat with me as I cried to her.. Overall this Dr is one of the best in Staten Island I will definitely refer him to friends or family...The best office

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Shirripa for 9 years and I love him. He answers all your questions and truly cares about how you feel. Dr. Shirripa delivered my two grandsons and was so wonderful throughout their pregnancy and labor. I would highly recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

Dr. Michael A. Schirripa's Credentials

• Bengali

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1985)