Ratings for Dr. Roy Phitayakorn

A great experience overall. Doctor and staff were the consummate professionals. Follow up care was exceptional.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2018

Great experience wish I had had the procedure done long ago

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

Had an epidermal cyst removed by Dr. Phitayakorn and couldn't be more pleased with the experience or the results. He is not only skilled but kind, thorough and accessible. Look no further.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

Had Thyroidectomy in June 2017. Dr. Phitayakorn is the best. No issues. Scar is barely visible. Excellent surgeon and excellent communicator. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

Brilliant surgeon - and he is as warm and compassionate as he is technically superb. I was very fortunate to have had my complicated parathyroidectomy performed by him.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2018

Excellent MD in every way. Highly recommend him. Wonderful surgeon - but also a wonderful person; great communicator, funny, kind.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2017

Dr. Phitayakorn was everything I had hope for in a surgeon. Before proceeding with the removal of a Lipoma on my back he took, and personally reviewed, a scan of the site and informed me that the mass was embedded under my back muscle. His manner was gentle, sensitive, and calming during the entire procedure which was done under local anesthesia. His surgical technique healed well and left me with almost no scar. If needed, I would use Dr. Phitayakorn again, and highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

Great surgeon! He took a large tumor out of my neck with zero pain during surgery and very little pain afterward. I only had to take ibuprofen a few times. The scar is also minimal because he knows how to stitch like a plastic surgeon. I could not have asked for more.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Dr. Phitayakorn is a superb surgeon both technically and in his relationship with patients. In June 2017 my Massachusetts General Hospital oncologist chose Dr. Phitayakorn to perform a biopsy on my neck. When I met with Dr. Phitayakorn, he held my hands in his hands as he explained the procedure. I was nervous about the operation, but I left that meeting with full confidence in him and therefore, I was no longer nervous. He performed a complex micro surgery removing a lymph node saturated with nasty, tight, aggressive cancer cells in my neck. After the biopsy, he spoke at length with my friend who accompanied me to Boston. Once I regained consciousness, he spoke with me as well. The biopsy led to pathology test results that informed my chemotherapy regime. During my first chemo session at MGH he visited me to check on my incision. He had chosen a place on my neck with a natural "dimple" so the scar from the incision would be disguised. A man centered by an extraordinary inner calm, Dr Phitayakorn has nerves of steel and cares about his patients with the patience of an angel.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Dr. Phitayakorn is truly an exemplary doctor. He is caring and compassionate. He was more than willing to spend his time to assuage my worries and concerns about the operation. He never seemed bothered by my many questions even when I called him outside business hours. Dr. Phitayakorn is open and communicative. He went out of his way to explain the steps and intricacies of the operation, including the use of surgical clips instead of sutures that no other doctors mentioned to me. Dr. Phitayakorn is skilled and dexterous. The thyroidectomy he performed on me two weeks ago turned out better than I could have imagined. The surgical site was clean with a precise incision. The post operation recovery has been phenomenal with minimal pain and swelling right after. I was able to speak immediately without complications to my voice. Dr. Phitayakorn is an amazing doctor, and I have no reservation in giving him my highest recommendations.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Dr. Roy Phitayakorn's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)