You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Roy Phitayakorn

Dr. Phitayakorn was beyond excellent. He removed a cyst located in my arm pit with care, precision and speed. He was a complete professional from start to finish. His calm demeanor and ability to explain the procedure in detail made the whole process enlightening and enjoyable. He answered all my questions and was very helpful with post-operative care for the wound. He called about a week or so after surgery to let me know the results of the tests on the cyst, answered any and all questions and was genuinely concerned. His skills and patient care are what every doctor should strive for and was/is deeply appreciated.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I have thyroid cancer. Dr. Phitayakorn was the best thing that could have happened to me in what was otherwise a very confusing, scary and complicated situation. He was reassuring and almost literally held my hand the whole way through. From the fine needle aspirations to the surgery to remove my thyroid and the nodule he had my complete trust and I found afterwards that it was not misplaced. He is a very highly skilled surgeon as well. My surgery was somewhat complicated and I would not have trusted anyone else to be doing what could be a very dangerous procedure. My incision also is already almost invisible just two weeks after the surgery. I doubt I’ll even have a scar despite the fact it was about 2-2 1/2 inches long. After the surgery he explained the pathology to me and continues to this day to answer any question I have. He even gave me his cell phone number to call him on evenings or weekends if I need help. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

Dr. Phitayakorn was excellent. He was professional, calming and explained the procedure as he proceeded through the surgery. He removed a cyst that was in a very delicate area on my body. He was very careful and precise. He answered all my questions and was very helpful with post operative care for the wound. He called about a week after surgery to again answer questions and check on my progress. His skills and patient care were very deeply appreciated.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

Dr. Phitayakorn is amazing. He drained and removed a cyst on the back of my neck with such precision and ease. During prep, he chatted with me, let me pick the music to be played and explained everything. During the procedure, he continued to chat, made sure I was comfortable and he told me what he was doing. I felt comfortable with him. After the procedure, he gave me wound care instructions and walked me to the front desk. Not once did he hand me off to anyone else. If I ever need this type of procedure again, he is definitely the one Imwill choose. I highly recommed him.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

Top in his feild and very caring even comes in on his day off

flag | Submitted September 19, 2015

Dr. Roy Phitayakorn is a caring, considerate and skilled physician. He recently did surgery on my leg. His technique was excellent. He took the time to call me and check up on how I was doing. He even left his cell number in case I needed him. There are very few surgeons at Mass General who are as personable, knowledgeable or awesome as Dr. Phitayakorn. I think he should teach a course on bedside manner to all surgeons!!! I rate him A++.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2015

Excellent, excellent doctor. Very personable, extremely knowledgeable, and actually made the procedure fun! He explained everything to me in a way that I could fully understand, and he let me choose music to listen to (Tool!) during the surgery, which was a really nice touch. He gave me his personal cell in case I needed to contact him over the weekend, and he personally followed up with my results and to check on the healing. He is such a fantastic doctor that I almost wish I needed more surgery! Dr Phitayakorn and his staff are simply AWESOME!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2015

Dr. Phitayakorn and his staff are the best. He is an outstanding doctor, who is not only good at what he does, but genuinely cares about his patients. He gave me his personal phone number to call whenever I had questions, and he called me later to ensure I was doing well. He was very punctual, diligent, professional and respectful. One of the best doctors in MGH, and a doctor I will recommend any day because he is extremely good. If there is a rating higher than five, he gets it from me because he deserves it.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Best doctor I ever had in MGH. Very attentive, very observant of my situation and that I was a busy mom with a new job and three children and thought I had an infection. He aked me for some information I was able to email him a picture of my incision and he was able to prescribe me an antibiotic. There should be more doctors like him in MGH.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

Dr. Roy Phitayakorn's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

Harvard-Pilgrim
Multiplan
Tufts Health Plans

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Phitayakorn was beyond excellent. He removed a cyst located in my arm pit with care, precision and speed. He was a complete professional from start to fini..."

January 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very personable physician who clearly loves what he does. If I ever have to get another cyst removed, he will be the first one I go to."

January 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have thyroid cancer. Dr. Phitayakorn was the best thing that could have happened to me in what was otherwise a very confusing, scary and complicated situation..."

December 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Phitayakorn was excellent. He was professional, calming and explained the procedure as he proceeded through the surgery. He removed a cyst that was in a ..."

November 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Phitayakorn is amazing. He drained and removed a cyst on the back of my neck with such precision and ease. During prep, he chatted with me, let me pick th..."

September 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Top in his feild and very caring even comes in on his day off"

September 19, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Roy Phitayakorn is a caring, considerate and skilled physician. He recently did surgery on my leg. His technique was excellent. He took the time to call ..."

September 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent, excellent doctor. Very personable, extremely knowledgeable, and actually made the procedure fun! He explained everything to me in a way that I could..."

August 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Phitayakorn and his staff are the best. He is an outstanding doctor, who is not only good at what he does, but genuinely cares about his patients. He gave..."

July 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best doctor I ever had in MGH. Very attentive, very observant of my situation and that I was a busy mom with a new job and three children and thought I had an i..."

July 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Phitayakorn and his staff were professional and friendly. My procedure was done with care and diligence and I believe my recovery time was shortened due to..."

July 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Phitayakorn and his staff (particularly Jared) made my brief procedure simply a breeze. Their knowledge and bed side manner were beyond perfect. I would ..."

June 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Phitayakorn clearly explained my medical condition to me, and he provided the highest surgical skill and fixed my problem. A truly valuable surgeon of the M..."

January 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He not only has exceptional skills - his caring and attention is what we would wish from all of our doctors."

January 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would recommend Dr Phitayakorn to anyone! He is one of the nicest Doctors I have ever dealt with. His follow-up is superb!"

December 15, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "PLEASANT AND HELPFUL, LIKABLE AND EFFICIENT. TOPS!"

December 12, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Awesome doctor, would recommend him without hesitation to my family and friends."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "a true professional and more important a true healer."

November 3, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Described procedure thoroughly relieving anxiety, compassionate and caring. Excellent knowledge and skills"

November 2, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Phitayarkorn is awesome and clever. The cartoon he came up with to help people pronounce his name is very helpful. I could not believe he personally took t..."

September 28, 2014