Ratings for Dr. John Tsongalis

Dr Tsongalis is a very knowledgeable and caring Dr who listens to his patients.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Dr. Tsongalis, who although has very nice bedside manner, is overly confident and knows too little about too much. He glosses over the real issues and is afraid to make the right referral when needed. He may also just have too many patients, as he tends to bring up or not remember the correct things about my personal medical history. All you need from a Primary Care physician is a solid quarterback who is working proactively in your best interests. I was switched to Tsongalis when my other Dr in his practice started retirement and I've given him many chances to offer the right medical help. But, sorry to say, Dr. Tsongalis seems mainly to be working for the clock and the practice owners and not on overseeing my general care and wellness. I've only become more ill over time and little has been done, without my own proactivity of getting to the right specialists, to help me as an ongoing patient. I'm certain he never would have the time to read any notes shared from my specialists unless I'm in the room with him explaining. I've felt more like the Doctor in some cases and quite lost in getting help – certainly not proactive help. Maybe he will gain better experience over time, but currently his knowledge is very limited and there are certainly better Primary Care Physicians in the area. Do some research first before jumping at the only Doctor in his practice that has openings for new patients. There's often a good reason why only a select few are "accepting" new patients. Again, very nice person, but not helpful if you're looking for a Doctor with general medical knowledge and a proactive approach. I've had to seek my own path/diagnosis/treatment through my insurance company and available doctors. Not fun.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I find Dr. Tsongalis to be very caring and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Dr. Tsongalis seems extremely competent regarding medical knowledge, but I don't have unlimited time to wait for him and his staff. At my last appointment, he asked me to change into a gown and didn't come back for 40 minutes. I couldn't find anybody to track him down and had to leave to get to work. Despite the fact that my phsyical remained incomplete, I received a fat bill for pee testing. Because I'm an idiot, I tried rescheduling to finish the physical, but good luck getting the receptionists to answer your phone call at any time that could loosely be considered lunchtime.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Some of his staff are rude and moody, while some of them are quite excellent. Every other doctor I have seen in his office I have also liked a lot & found them to be knowledgeable. The real problem that I had was with his communication and lack of knowledge on certain subjects. I went in for a routine STD screening. I have had cold sores, HSV-1 since I was 5. Because of this, without talking to me, he took it upon himself to decide that I did not need to be tested for HSV-2, Genital Herpes, because I "already had herpes". While there are some similarities, HSV-2 is very different from HSV-1, particularly for women during childbirth. When I called his office several times, he, himself, never returned my calls and his staff had a difficult time writing down my words. It's also very hard to get a person through their phone menu system. I only was able to speak with him when I scheduled another appointment 2 weeks later. Been going for years, no more. I'm changing doctors.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2013

Attentive and knowledgeable. The admin staff are very nice and accommodating. Almost never keeps you waiting

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

Dr. John Tsongalis's Credentials

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 2004)