Ratings for Dr. Toan Tyler Nguyen

Doctor Nguyen is the most compassionate Physician I have ever encountered. He is so gentle- mannered and makes me feel like I can trust him without hesitation. He is indeed very busy, but still always makes me feel like I am his top priority when he is seeing me. I have seen him when I was admitted and long after I was discharged. Today I had an appointment with him and am reminded of what an all-around great human being he is.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

I have been going to Dr. T. Tyler Nguyen for the past 7 yrs. now. He's one doctor that I would definitely stick with for the rest of my life! He is very intelligent, compassionate, and genuinely concerned about me as a patient and a human being. He saved my life with his diagnoses and managment He goes out of his way to make sure that I am stable and safe. For example, he took time to check up on me on numerous times, even on weekends and after-hours, on his own volition and despite being busy. He is very bright and compassionate, not cocky like some other doctors I have known. In fact, he is down to earth in his speech, mannerism, and dress-- commonly sporting a white coat over a long sleeve shirt tucked into blue jeans. He even answers most of the incoming calls and texts himself. I once kidded with him that he should run a concierge service, and he jokingly replied that he already seems to be providing that level of service, but sometimes at Medi-CAL rate : ) He talks to you on the phone, texts you if needs be, sees you in the office, treats you in the hospital, and I understand that he would even go to a nursing home to visit you. I just love the guy. I have a kid who aspire to be a doctor. I just wish that my son would turn out to be a great doctor like Dr. Nguyen, or even a genuinely great person like him if he doesnt make it as a physician.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

When I was ill he diagnosed the condition quickly and gave prescription for a medication that helped with the condition. He was available on phone when I had questions or needed an appointment. As stated, he is very busy and answers the phone during appointments, but I would rather him answer the phone then not (especially if I am calling). I have not experienced the issues that the other reviewers had and consider him a very good doctor. As for punctuality I have yet to have any doctor be on time for an appointment.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

He is a busy doctor, maybe too busy. I know that he works 2 hospitals LB Memorial and LB Community. He needs to brush up on bed side manor -- very hard to get a hold of. When a patient or their family has a problem or complaint regarding the patient's health, he should be a little more quick to check it out instead of waiting it out. There were times when it took days for him to respond. Also, needs to give more options to his patients as to medical details. He is very sharp -- just wished he was around the patient more to utilize his talents. But, this may be due to the fact that he is at 2 hospitals and is very busy.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2007

dr. does not lisen to patients family members, and is very hard to get a hold of.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2006

Dr. Toan Tyler Nguyen's Credentials

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)