Ratings for Dr. John R. Gehnrich

Dr. John is extremely knowledgable and reviewed all of my x-rays in great detail, helping show and understand exactly where my weak areas exist. He's caring and knows his stuff! His Assistant Flo is awesome as well! Every time I walk into the office, I feel "at peace" and very relaxed before receiving my body adjustments. He's even working with me to try and correct an achilles injury from running. I have to admit that I'm sometimes a skeptic but after a couple of weeks of treatment, I'm noticing huge improvement! Overall great office, great staff, and a great Doctor. I highly recommend Rhino Chiropractic!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

My medical doctor recommended that I find a chiropractor to help fix my hiatal hernia in the hopes of decreasing my acid reflux. I started seeing Dr. John for this reason as well as debilitating neck pain. He helped me tremendously with neck pain I had been dealing with for a very long time. I was in constant pain every time I turned my head (when I even could) and within a couple months it was gone! MY acid reflux has also decreased and many digestive issues I had been dealing with for years have been resolving. I have been a Physical Therapist for the past 16 years. As a health professional I appreciate and recognize a true professional, which Dr. John is. My husband and two children (ages 4 and 6) are also under his care and we have all look forward to seeing him frequently and staying healthy together.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I found Dr. Gehnrich about 7 months ago through a yelp search. I always had minor aches and pains between both my lower back and neck, and I was excited to see what he could do for me. I had also just found out I was newly pregnant and my body could use some extra help staying on track. Turns out my neck was severely subluxated and was causing my vertigo to worsen. Within the first few sessions of cold laser and adjustments I started to notice a difference and my vertigo even improved greatly. I would 100% recommend Dr. John to family and friends. He truly cares about his patience and loves what he does!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I was having a really bad sharp pain in my back and ribs every time I was breathing in. I called Rhino Chiropractic and I asked questions about the insurance they took and then I was immediately put on the phone with Dr. John who got me an appointment the very next morning. I was pleasantly surprised at the extremely serene vibe his office gave off. I thought I was going to get an adjustment and be on my way to feeling better that day. I later learned during the appointment I wasn't going to be adjusted. I'm not gonna lie I felt a little disheartened at that point. I wondered why and later figured out that it was because he showed me that he wants to figure out exactly what's wrong to help you in the very best possible way he can. We went over my x-rays and he discussed EVERYTHING for a good hour. He took his time and went over and in every hill and valley to make sure I really understood everything. Right after that I was on my way to getting my first adjustment from Dr. John. After he adjusted me he asked me to take a deep inhale and I did. I was able to inhale without it being cut short. He explained to me that usually when you get adjusted a lot of energy leaves the body and I definitely felt that. I felt happiness and like I wanted to burst out crying tears of joy. He made me feel extremely comfortable. I left his office so happy and excited to go back again. It's only 2 days later and I feel a tremendous difference in the pain I was feeling before I saw him. I also had a tremendous drop in the anxiety I was feeling. I have been able to sleep through the whole night. I am more relaxed going to bed and waking up with more energy. I feel more free, more happy. More like myself again. I feel so much better... and that was only my first adjustment. He definitely knows what he's doing. I am very grateful for Dr. John and his expertise. He is an amazing doctor and I definitely found the place for me... on the first try too! beyond 100% pleased with his work! Thank you Dr. John!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

When you think of a home, you think of happiness, comfort, good health, and great people. For the past few months, I’ve been coming here 3x per week. I must say I’ve seen some drastic changes in my health. For many years, I have had a major high blood pressure issue, where it can go up to 170’s/130’s. MD’s wonder how I was still standing! I was bound to have a stroke at any moment. Therefore, I was put on numerous BP meds (I tried close to 10 of them), and none have been the proper dose. Well, I decided to put all those drugs aside – and get a dose of Dr. Gehnrich’s chiropractic services instead. We discovered that I’ve had so much unnecessary pressure on my neck / spine, that it has put pressure on my body overall, including my blood pressure. With the extra neck / spine pressure, I don’t want to move around as much, which causes a negative trickle effect in other aspects of my life. Since getting my therapy here consistently, my BP has been reduced to an average of (mid) 120’s/90’s. It’s not optimal yet – but one can see that’s a HUGE difference in (both top and bottom) numbers! And that’s with dropping ALL those medications and getting Dr. Gehnrich’s chiropractic healing. Since my first review of this wonderful place, I’ve had the privilege to try some of the other services provided at this establishment, including the infrared sauna and the ionic foot bath. I will first talk about the sauna – which is NOT your typical sauna at the gym or spa!! (Even though the scenery here totally has a spa-like feel to it – which is very relaxing.) This is more of a therapeutic sauna, which uses INFRARED energy. The temperature is way less in this sauna – but produces drastic results. You can actually BREATHE in this sauna – compared to the one at the gym! The interesting part of this infrared sauna, is that I was sweating, but my skin felt rather cool – and my flesh felt pretty warm! That’s because it has a microwave effect – meaning it cooks from inside out (instead of outside in - like a ‘regular’ sauna - where you’re sweatin’ like a hog and gasping for air to breathe!) … And to top all of that – it also has light therapy in the actual sauna. You can choose from various colors, depending on your health status and what your goal(s) may be. The second service that I tried was the ionic foot bath, where ionic charges pull toxins through your feet. This service is only for the brave! I say this, because it is NOT painful at all (I just want to make that VERY clear!!) – but the toxins that come out your body may have shock value. It surely did for me!! Different kinds of toxins produce different colors from your feet. Mine was very dark green / black, with orange floating on top! Absolutely gross! (On the plus side – it removed all my callus, without even going to get a pedicure! Pretty cool.) My personal (toxic) colors that protruded, deal with gallbladder / kidney and joint issues, which made absolute sense to me. All these meds I’ve been taking throughout the years have affected my organs – which is a pretty frightening thought. And I do have issues with my joints. Even though the foot bath produced yucky floating colors in the water basin, I was so happy to get it rid from my body. Who wants that kept in their system? Certainly not me! So how have these two services that I tried for my fist time affect me? Well… I have a major (embarrassing) skin issue since pre-teen years, where I can break out at the drop of a dime. With just ONE infrared sauna and ionic foot bath treatment combined, my skin is breaking out about 25% less. That’s amazing considering that I was put on (skin) antibiotics, that caused horrible side effects. I also feel more sense of peace within myself. It’s a moment for you, where you can self-reflect and put more ease into your life. And we all know it can be hard just to have a moment for yourself these days! Home is where the heart is. Coming here has produced a much healthier heart for me. And now I can say that this has become my second home. A place to get my neck / spine aligned, get rid of disgusting toxins, and talk to some nice people. I can’t wait until my next infrared and ionic foot bath experience! And hopefully one day YOU will try it out too. I have no regrets!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Clinical: Dr. G is an amazing chiropractor with a wonderful spirit. He brings me in as fast as he can to get my adjustments, so that I can continue on with my day. He makes a personal chiropractic plan for you with specific health goals. I started at a pretty disabling state, and since then have drastically improved. My issues are lower back pain and neck pain, inducing chronic headaches / migraines. Twice I came in with horrible headaches, and he provided an adjustment to help – and within moments of leaving, they were pretty much gone! Very impressive to say the least. His office also consists of items you can purchase to use at home for your overall health, such as handy sprays and gels to relieve muscle aches and provide pain relief, as well as essential oils and supplements to improve your whole internal system. When you’re body is doing well inside – it definitely shows on the outside. As a person: Dr. G is very caring and sensible. He believes in relieving symptoms the more natural way, so that you’re not constantly stuck on things like antibiotics all the time, or taking drugs to just ‘cover up’ the issue (with nasty side effects), as opposed to just getting to the root of the problem. This man actually cares about you. He’s not out to rob your pockets. If your insurance doesn’t cover everything, he’s very sensible in terms of making a doable payment package for his clients. So there’s actually hope to getting your health back! The office: One thing you don’t want to do, is go to a doctor’s office that looks dirty, and has awful staff. The office is very small, but somehow Dr. G makes everything happen accordingly. His staff members are very friendly, and help coordinate all your appointments you need according to your schedule. Just keep in mind that he doesn’t have weekend appointments, or appointments mid day. He sees clients in the morning, then has a break in the middle of the day, then resumes in the afternoon into the evening. His staff is pretty good with working out the schedules though with a pleasant smile. The place is clean! There’s also other things you can get done in this office, such as HydroMassage (which is absolutely awesome!), Sauna / Steam shower, Ionic foot baths, and cold laser therapy (that I hear many of his clients swear by). I would definitely recommend you check this place out! It’s a total hidden gem in Rockville Centre.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

It has been about a month since I started treatment at Rhino Chiropractic. Since that time, I have experienced a number of wonderful changes to my body. I have had severe chronic pain in my right hip for several years, along with neck pain & stiffness in my lower back due to an accident. The hip pain made it difficult for me to sleep, & I was told I would eventually need a hip replacement. Looking for alternatives, & after about a half a dozen chiropractors, I found R.C.. The 1st time Dr. John treated me with the cold laser therapy I felt a significant difference in the way I walked & much less pain In my hip & neck. After only 3 treatments of the cold laser & before even one adjustment, I noticed an improvement in my step. The severe limp I had was reduced so much so that my friends noticed immediately. One friend was so surprised to see such a major change she had tears in her eyes & gave me a big hug! Again, this was after ONLY the third treatment of the cold laser, & not even an adjustment yet! Since then, I've noticed other changes, such as deeper breathing, walking faster, better posture, lower back loosened, having a lot more energy (I do not feel like I want to take a nap in the afternoon.), deeper sleep (Since I am not tossing & turning bc of my hip pain, now I wake up feeling refreshed.), & deeper breathing (as I have asthma). Last week, in my yoga class I experienced extreme vibrations throughout my entire body. It was a release of stagnant energy. In the 8 years of practicing yoga, I have never had a release so intense! In other words, I feel as if my power has been turned on! Dr. John's caring & concern really shows. He has given me hope that through this treatment plan, I truly believe that I will not need the hip surgery the doctors proposed. I am very grateful to Dr. John for giving me my life back! I would highly recommend Rhino Chiropractic to anyone who is in chronic pain or has other ailments.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I had pain in my lower back. After going to Dr John I'm walking 3 miles 5 days a week and I'm feel good. Thank you Dr.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr. John was able to provide relief for my tendonitis on the first visit. What I liked was that he listened to my concerns. I have regained full functionality of my shoulder thanks to his treatments. I have access to other doctors that are closer to my home but Dr. John is worth the time and distance.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr. J is kind, understanding, and extremely knowledgeable. He caters to your healthcare needs. You don't meet many compassionate doctors that will address whole body, mind and spirit. He is gentle and pays very close attention to detail, this is why I have been with him so long. Dr. J is able to address anything going on from head to toe. My body has changed within the past 10 years and he is has been able to adjust to everything helping me through pregnancy, birth and beyond. If you are looking for a Chiropractor with great, friendly staff in the Rockville Centre, Nassau County Area he is the one. Thank you for everything!!

Dr. John R. Gehnrich's Credentials

• Logan College Of Chiropractic (Grad. 1997)

Top Hospitals in Rockville Centre, NY