Ratings for Dr. Joel A. Ernster

Very professional and actually spent time discussing my medical needs. Went out of his way to make sure I was scheduled timely and the procedure went perfectly. I highly recommend this Dr. for sinus surgery.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

I've actually paid this office a total of $75 now, for nothing. They keep prescribing the same medication over and over and each time I go back because SURPRISE it didn't work AGAIN they just prescribe more of the medication that is not working. This man has no clue what he's doing, he just takes shots in the dark, meanwhile I am out of work for 2 months. And on top of that I have to wait an hour past my appointment time to be seen everytime i go here. I won't be visiting him a 4th time to get the same resolution that hasn't helped yet.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2011

Very, very disappointing. I had heard many positive things about Dr. Ernster and was told he was "the best". He recommended additional nasal surgery (for something I had no negative symptoms with) while he would be surgically correcting another situation, which I agreed to and now I'm not sure I should have. Post-surgery, my original infection worsened and when I expressed concern with my symptoms, was told he didn't know what was happening and to see my PCP. Kept just telling me he thought it would "be fine." Finally, I went to another speciaist who listened to my concerns,took my concerns seriously, and rectified the problem. I've also tried to obtain medical records--staff has not been helpful and almost seem to discourage me from getting them, not returning phone calls, telling me the reords person is not available, taking their time, telling me I need to call to check on status, etc.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

Dr Ernster has got to be one of the best if not the best Dr in CO. He has done a total laryngectomy, sleep apnea and tonsilechtomies on family. He is brilliant, focused, compassionate thinks of the whole patient and family. Knox is fantastic as well - he closed in surgery and did follow ups. Great staff - kind & responsive.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2011

Felt rushed, felt that since my sinuses were not the problem he could have went further to check ears or another reason for my problems. Very disappointd and feel I wasted my money!Did not feel like he really cared other than wanting to do nose surgery,I have had the same nose for 56 years why would I need surgery now.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2009

Dr. Ernster is very caring and considers the spouse and children when treating a patient. This doctor walks on water; he is an incredibly knowledgeable and compassionate doctor. I don't believe anyone would ever have a bad experience with Dr. Ernster.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009

Didn't bother to look at my x-rays or the reports thatI brought with me. Didn't seem to intrested in the problem I was there to see him about. After seven years and five doctors saying the same thing I was told that a bone spur in my throat that has causing breathing problems was just tissue thickening and some people are born this way . He asked me why I even bothered to see him.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2006

My daughter felt very comfortable with Dr. Ernster

flag | Submitted August 10, 2006

Very polite and caring. Great doc.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2006

Dr. Joel A. Ernster's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Ameritas