Ratings for Dr. Ira Zaltz

Dr. Zaltz has been my surgeon since I was 3 years old, I am now 19 and I wouldn't go to anyone else. He has preformed a total of 7 surgeries on me over my life time, and all have went great. Sometimes he can come across blunt, but he does truly care about the patient, and always makes me feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

Good doctor, great surgeon. But extremely judgmental. I opened up about some personal things to attempt building a good patient/doctor relationship and have sense been treated extremely poorly. He even made notes in my chart about very unnecessary personal things and now all my other physicians know parts of my life that I wanted to keep personal. I regret ever trusting him.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Great guy, doesnt jump the gun, he makes sure the appropriate action will be taken in order to fix your problem. He also makes sure you understand whats going on.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Awesome doctor than worked with us before we moved to China, while we lived there and our return to the States. Very professional. He did all he could to delay my son's scoliosis surgery. But, nonetheless, the surgery was a success. Truly a gifted doctor.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Although Dr. Zaltz is not able to fix my problem, I appreciate how straight forward and honest he was. He was the first doctor after 3 to give me an answer and a solution to my condition. Even if he's not able to fix my issues, it's nice to finally know what is going on.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I am in week 6 of recovery after a hip dislocation procedure. After seeing a surgeon for months at U of M he determined that my surgery needed to be done openly and not with a scope. He highly recommended Dr Zaltz, he said he is the best around and is very fluent with the procedure that I required. I found that the scheduling coordinator was extremely helpful and had me in within a week to meet with the Dr. Dr Zaltz was very informative and explained what he was going to do and what he was looking for. After both my Arthogram MRI & 3D CT Scan I was contacted by Dr Zaltz over the phone and he explained his findings in great detail. He was patient and willing to answer all of my questions. Once I made the decision to move forward with surgery his scheduling coordinator was again very helpful, even answering a few additional questions for me. I was extremely nervous leading up to the surgery, but Dr Zaltz kept me very calm and I was very confident in his ability. I spent a few days in the hospital and each time Dr Zaltz came to check on me I found that he was very willing to slow down and answer my questions and put some of my concerns at ease. After I was discharged from the hospital I was having a lil trouble and just wanted to make sure I was on the right track, Dr Zaltz returned both of my calls in under 30 minutes and was always very genuine and patient. Anytime I contacted his office, the nursing staff was quick to call back and very helpful in answering my questions. I found that my appointment wait times were very reasonable. I had dealt with lengthy wait times at a prior Ortho office. And I expected to wait for a bit, Dr Zaltz is a very skilled Dr and is in high demand. I will note that prior to meeting him for the first time I read many reviews of people complaining about his bed side manner. I found the exact opposite in him. He truly cares about his patients and is a dedicated Dr. Every professional I encountered during this journey raved about this man, and I found that he is very humble and not arrogant as I have read. My experience with Dr Zaltz has been top notch from the start. Happy to report that at 6 weeks post op, I have been cleared to start physical therapy. I can't wait to finish out this journey to a pain free lifestyle and I have Dr Zaltz to thank for that! Amazing, you won't be disappointed.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Dr.Zaltz is an excellent surgeon . The care he gave my daughter for her her kyphosis was top notch . He was friendly and took the time to explain things in detail and answered all our questions . My daughters surgery went very well and her spine is fixed and she is standing tall and proud . I would definitely recommend him !

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Dr. Zaltz was breath of fresh air. I saw another ortho dr. prior to him and he said my hip dysplasia wouldnt cause me the hip problems I was having. He wanted to just do cortisone injection and said that he doesnt always believe findings on mri when my results showed pretty extensive damage to labrum and ligamentum teres. Would recommend him to anybody that is athletic with hip pain. You will avoid runaround with others and get treated before to much damage is done.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Surgery scheduled on a weekend and dates keep changing. No one in office calls back.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I will NEVER return o this office. Waited 4 days for an appointment at 10:30 am, I arrived at 10:15. When I wen o sign I here was a sign staing the doctor was running 1.5 hours behind schedule and was informed if I left I would lose my place in line. Staff was not very friendly either!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr. Ira Zaltz's Credentials

• French

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

HealthPartners