Ratings for Dr. Ira Zaltz

I am in week 6 of recovery after a hip dislocation procedure. After seeing a surgeon for months at U of M he determined that my surgery needed to be done openly and not with a scope. He highly recommended Dr Zaltz, he said he is the best around and is very fluent with the procedure that I required. I found that the scheduling coordinator was extremely helpful and had me in within a week to meet with the Dr. Dr Zaltz was very informative and explained what he was going to do and what he was looking for. After both my Arthogram MRI & 3D CT Scan I was contacted by Dr Zaltz over the phone and he explained his findings in great detail. He was patient and willing to answer all of my questions. Once I made the decision to move forward with surgery his scheduling coordinator was again very helpful, even answering a few additional questions for me. I was extremely nervous leading up to the surgery, but Dr Zaltz kept me very calm and I was very confident in his ability. I spent a few days in the hospital and each time Dr Zaltz came to check on me I found that he was very willing to slow down and answer my questions and put some of my concerns at ease. After I was discharged from the hospital I was having a lil trouble and just wanted to make sure I was on the right track, Dr Zaltz returned both of my calls in under 30 minutes and was always very genuine and patient. Anytime I contacted his office, the nursing staff was quick to call back and very helpful in answering my questions. I found that my appointment wait times were very reasonable. I had dealt with lengthy wait times at a prior Ortho office. And I expected to wait for a bit, Dr Zaltz is a very skilled Dr and is in high demand. I will note that prior to meeting him for the first time I read many reviews of people complaining about his bed side manner. I found the exact opposite in him. He truly cares about his patients and is a dedicated Dr. Every professional I encountered during this journey raved about this man, and I found that he is very humble and not arrogant as I have read. My experience with Dr Zaltz has been top notch from the start. Happy to report that at 6 weeks post op, I have been cleared to start physical therapy. I can't wait to finish out this journey to a pain free lifestyle and I have Dr Zaltz to thank for that! Amazing, you won't be disappointed.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Dr.Zaltz is an excellent surgeon . The care he gave my daughter for her her kyphosis was top notch . He was friendly and took the time to explain things in detail and answered all our questions . My daughters surgery went very well and her spine is fixed and she is standing tall and proud . I would definitely recommend him !

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Dr. Zaltz was breath of fresh air. I saw another ortho dr. prior to him and he said my hip dysplasia wouldnt cause me the hip problems I was having. He wanted to just do cortisone injection and said that he doesnt always believe findings on mri when my results showed pretty extensive damage to labrum and ligamentum teres. Would recommend him to anybody that is athletic with hip pain. You will avoid runaround with others and get treated before to much damage is done.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Surgery scheduled on a weekend and dates keep changing. No one in office calls back.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I will NEVER return o this office. Waited 4 days for an appointment at 10:30 am, I arrived at 10:15. When I wen o sign I here was a sign staing the doctor was running 1.5 hours behind schedule and was informed if I left I would lose my place in line. Staff was not very friendly either!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Been seeing this doctor for several years now only because no-one else will see me now that i am under his care. Worst office and doctor i have ever been to, at least a 2 hr wait in waiting room, staff is completely incompetent messing several of my appointments up, and doctor will lie to your face and push you into a surgical procedure. Horrible doctor and I not only give up on all modern medicine because of this doctor but i now have PTSD as a result.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

he did a hip preservation surgery on me and did not manage pain well at all. Now being almost a year out my hip is worse then it was before and I cant make a appt to see him because I owe his office money and I am on medicaid and bcn so I am broke and cant afford anything at this point. I wish he could of been more caring and not money driven and he needs to learn how to manage pain . I wont recommend him to my worse enemy.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

I had a PAO with Dr Zaltz a couple years back. I very happy with the results! The surgery went seamlessly and the recovery was hard, but made so much easier with the use of CPM and other tricks from Dr Zaltz :-) I am so thankful I found him - I had searched all of michigan for a dr capable of doing a PAO and in my opinion, he is the only one! The scar is hardly visible, which is amazing! Yes, the wait is long to see him, but I feel like he tries to fit in as many appts as he can so we all don't have to wait months to see him! The ratings here that says his bedside manner isn't good are really a surprise to me. He is very caring, but he will move fast if you have no questions :-)

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Love Dr. Zaltz!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

It took 3 months to get an appt, then another 6 months before surgery. Each visit, I wait in the lobby for about 1.5 hours before going to an exam room. He barely spends any time with me, does not care to listen to me or answer my questions. He has been rude during every visit, even before surgery. He just told me there is nothing else he can do, I need to learn to live with pain, then he walked out the door. No bedside manner.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2014

Dr. Ira Zaltz's Credentials

• French

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

GHI