Ratings for Dr. James M. Yuhnke

dr yuhnke is a kind an generous doctor. i went there after being told by another doctor that i had 8 cavities. dr yuhnke only found one. i had the one filled and have been going back there for two years now, never having any other problems. my children and extended family are all patients of dr yuhnke. i will continue to refer as many patients as possible to dr yuhnke and his staff. i have never felt so comfortable at any other medical or dental office as i have at abc dentistry. i actually like going to the dentist now. as for those other comments, all i can say is that you can't please everyone, and there are always two sides to every story

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

I had problems with fillings falling out after a month or so, feeling extra filling material and unevenness on my teeth when they were filled, dr. telling me he don't have time to fill a tooth when I'm in pain and need it. My husband had went there and had a tooth removed, there was still some tooth left in his gum causing pain, they did not get him back in their office to remove the rest of that tooth that broke off during Dr. Yuhnke extracting it so my husband went to another dentist to have it removed. We will never go back to Dr.Yuhnke nor do we suggest anyone else to trust their smile to him.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2010

Dr. Yuhnke told me I needed to have all my teeth removed and he was willing to pull all my upper teeth right then and there. I was devastated and told him I wanted to do it another day. I got a second opinion and I only had two small cavities !! I overheard Dr. Yuhnke telling another patient in the next room the he too needed all his teeth pulled. I will never, never go back to Dr. Yuhnke !! He is a shyster, pulling out teeth for the insurance money! Beware of this dentist, and ALWAYS get a second opinion when it comes to tooth removal.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2010

I went to get a temporary replaced- the job was awful- when ask to replace it he just told me it was a temporary and not to worry about it. I pulled my records and went to Dr. Doug Henke, his work is wonderful and I have smile again. Dr Younges work was not professional by anyones standards!!!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2009

I went to see this dentist afvter checking my insurance, he was close and I haven't been to the dentist in years. I knew I had at least one cavity,( had 2) he filled them, didn't file them down all the way, could feel the filling extra on the back of the teeth, after 2 months they both fell out. I never went back to him or his office. Yes they are very nice and very apologetic if there is a delay, they were good with my kids. I'm just glad none of my kids had a cavity and had to deal with them falling out.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2009

Dr. Yuhnke was very polite, but it took 10 months for him to repair my husband's tooth (from the *first* root canal to the final crown). The replacement crown that came in was the wrong size, and then it took a month to get the next one in, and then the replacement chipped/cracked, etc. Overall, we've been in to see the Dr. 8 or 9 times just to get this one root canal over with. At one point they sent him home with just a post (and no tooth). My husband also had a few infections in the area during this time because they couldn't get the tooth properly capped. The Dr. was very apologetic because there were so many issues with the quality of the new tooth and how long it was taking to fix, and that was nice, but we just wanted the job done and over with so we didn't have to keep scheduling appointments. They are very nice people, and maybe they do well with kids, but our experience was not positive for the one service that we've asked of them. I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2008

Best dentist ever. He's great with my children, who are all very young. He's great with my husband and me. I highly recommend him, especially to those that are afraid of dentists. He's #1.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2006