Ratings for Dr. Devin K. Datta

I can’t go into all of the details, but I believe that Dr. Datta caused the death of my mother because of his arrogance and ego. I wanted a second opinion because he was recommending a surgery that two other doctors had not recommend in prior consultations. When admitted to icu, my mother was now in excruciatingly pain. After receiving a the second opinion where that surgeon’s recommendation was even more invasive than Dr. Datta, we went back to Dr.Datta to do the surgery. He delayed it by two days during which time my mother was still critical but stable. On the day of surgery my mother’s heart failed due to afib. His passive aggresive behavior killed my mother. It seems those non-critical patients having their routine surgeries took priority over my mother’s life. I can deal with rude and arrogant doctors, but playing God was not his role here. Our family is heartbroken. My mother was an awesome woman and still had many years ahead of her. She could have possibly been saved had it not been for Dr. Datta’s hubris and his need to “show us.”

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

After waiting almost a month for an appt my mother in ungodly pain finally had an visit with Dr. Datta today but not before having her appt changed to 6 hours earlier in the day. Upon meeting the doctor she was insulted with insinuations about her weight, he eating habits, and her mental stability all which were never a problem on previous visits. After being reduced to tears in the doctor's office she was handed someone else's physical therapy referral with all pertinent information including name, date of birth, address, and medical insurance information (second time this has happened with this office). Then when calling to complain was told that it was my legal responsibility to return said paperwork to the office. The office stafe a patient care advocate are equally incompetent. I would watch out for this practice seems as if incompetency know no limits. I could not even imagine what his bed side manner must be like.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Professional, caring, and generous with his time for exams, procedures and any treatment you may need.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

I think Devin Datta is one of the best Doctors i have ever had. he has done 6 operations on me and i couldn't be more happy. my name is Michael Catinella and i can tell you if you have a back or neck problem. this is the best Docto i ever got to know for surgery. i give him orrate him a 10 out of a 10

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

He was ill informed of my condition. Condescending, arrogant and very rude. Neglected to even review my x-rays which I had done just before coming to see him. Gave horrible advice. Stereotypes and discriminates against anyone applying for disability. If you are looking for compassion, you will NOT find it here. Just because you are a doctor, it doesn't give you the right to be a bully.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

I am suppose to have a fusion from the waist down and I am afraid of this doctor. I can't seem to find out anything about him and he is a WC doctor and they aren't usually any good. He refuses to replace my discs and just wants to fuse. I am active and don't want to be crippled. Please help me.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

Doctor takes kick backs from Medtronic to push their products even if it harms the patient. This doctor puts money first.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2012

I met Dr Datta Jan 2009 when my hubby was hurt at work. I had just been told by my rhuemy that I needed back surgery. Dr Datta and his PA's attempted for a year with epidurals etc to try to prevent surgery. I eventually needed surgery in Dec 2009. I still have pain, but not the same type of pain. My arthritis is causing my back problems. We are trying to prevent any further surgery or prolong as long as we can. I would highly reccommend Dr Datta. He is very knowledgeable and listens to his patients. surgery is last option as far as he is concerned. I have and will continue to reccommend him to all.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

I was injured on the job and sent to Dr. Datta. I treated with PT,injections, medication, nothing helped. He recommended surgery.I had the surgery and have been SO grateful ever since. I came home the same day from cervical fusion and have been virtually pain free ever since. I have talked to many people who have chosen him and 100% said the same thing, He is a remarkable surgeon!! I have TOTAL faith in the work he has done and recommend him to anyone needing a fusion. Without Dr. Datta I would be in miserable pain everyday! I am so glad I did my research and allowed Dr. Datta to give me my life back. :)

flag | Submitted October 8, 2011

Dr. Devin K. Datta's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Kansas City, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)