Ratings for Dr. Lynn O. Simms

This was my first child. I am a physician myself and I am pretty laid back when it comes to health care providers, especially obgyns at BHL- I know they are worked very hard and have a plethora of patients. I understand what it is like to be exhausted; overworked and expected to have a good bedside manner while doing your job. We waited on dr Simms for about one hour (understandable). When we saw her, there was no shortage of smirk remarks. I inquired about a chromosomal abnormality that runs on my husbands side of the family and she said " well your already pregnant now". Just to give you an idea of the type of appointment this was. I was very let down and disappointed after the appointment and decided to switch ( definitely not something I was happy to do, of course I would like to just stick with the same provider) but it just felt wrong. I hope this helps and I hope everyone knows you have the right and freedom to choose a provider that you are comfortable with.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

This is my first child and I'm new to the Lexington area. I completed a lot of research prior to selecting an OB-GYN and Dr. Simms had some of the best reviews. I must admit my first impression of her was terrible. I was ready to tell my husband that I wanted a new dr. I definitely compared her to my ob-gym in NC, and she doesn't compare. After a few visits her personality and overall interaction improved, but I still don't feel like I have a true connection with her like I should. I haven't had any issues during my pregnancy and not a lot of questions, but I definitely understand where some of the negative comments about her personality is coming from, I hope my experience continues to get better and I have a smooth delivery with her.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Didn't listen to my concerns. A emergency c-section could have been handled much better if she had taken the time to address my concerns. She was frantic and had to call in associates to help her make a decision. If you have a routine pregnancy then she must be ok because many recommend her, but if anything out of the ordinary happens you need someone who is much more knowledgeable! I have no confidence in her.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

An hour wait but she acknowledged it! She and her staff were kind, attentive, sensitive, knowledgeable and friendly. Found out later she is also my friend's obgyn and delivered her baby. Same rave reviews from my friend!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

When I moved to the Lexington area, I asked around for a good OB/GYN. My new Primary Care physician and a nurse I had recently met suggested Dr. Simms. I'm glad they did. In my 40+ years on this earth, I've had approximately 4 OB/GYNs. She is by far the best! She is extremely thorough, professional, kind, empathetic, and honest. How she pulls all of those qualities off at the same time, is beyond me...but I'm glad she does. Sitting in the waiting room one day, I overheard one lady discussing with another about how Dr. Simms literally saved her life. She was singing her praises. Without hesitation, I would wholeheartedly recommend her!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Dr. Simms is wonderful! During my first pregnancy I had a couple of complications and she was always so thorough and cautious yet, also set my mind at ease. Now, with my second pregnancy she has been the same way. I can't say enough good things about her. The wait time is long but she is worth it!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

I am on my second pregnancy with Lynn and I love her. I am one to worry everything to death and she has a calming way to reduce my fears without making me seem crazy. While an associate delivered my baby b/c the baby came early on a day she was not on call, every visit was and still has been great. They are a busy practice so sometimes they get backed up but I have never felt rushed in my appt. She does err on the side of caution but I prefer that. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

She delivered my son, and when she found out my fiancee and myself were not married she had a completely different tone with me. She constantly made off color remarks in my direction. Here I was trying to be a supportive loving individual to my fiancée only to deal with this.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

Love her! She delivered my 2 kids, my friend's 2 kids, and my cousin's 2 kids. I've been seeing her for 10 years and have had nothing but good experiences with her. She always takes time to listen to you and is knowledgeable and compassionate.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

After going to several other ob/gyns and not having them listen to my concerns a family memeber recommended Dr. Simms. She took her time at my appointment and really listened to me. She was able to find my problem and corrected it with surgery. Other ob/gyns only wanted to medicate me to mask the problem.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2010

Dr. Lynn O. Simms's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Commercial Insurance Company