Ratings for Dr. Samer S. Ghostine

It has been seven weeks since Dr. Ghostine performed back surgery on me. He is very professional and helpful. He answered all my questions and was very reassuring. He is an excellent surgeon - very polite and honest . I appreciate the excellent care I received from him, Ms. Long, and the hospital staff. I no longer have any pain. I highly recommend him and can't thank him enough.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2019

I recently had back surgery performed by Dr Ghostine. He was friendly and professional. He answered all my questions and never seemed in a hurry. As a hospital pharmacist I understood most of the jargon but what I didn't understand he explained to me in detail. After my back surgery all the pain in my leg was gone. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2019

I am a 70 year old man with 4 prior history of surgeries. My fifth surgery was front and back surgery on November 8 & 9. When I woke up from anesthesia, all my pain & numbness was gone. I have a deep felt appreciation and a thankfulness for everything that Dr. Ghostine has done for me. He was by far the best doctor out of them all. He has a reputation for not only being an excellent surgeon, but he is extremely polite, honest and ethical. I appreciate the excellent care from him and his staff. -Sathit

flag | Submitted January 7, 2019

He is tops in his field. I’m 3 weeks post surgery on lower spine. All my presurgical pain is gone.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2018

Dr. Ghostine is one of the best doctors I have ever had. He knew exactly what I needed for my lower back pain and my numbness in my lower leg. He is very open and explains everything I needed to know about my back pain and lower leg pain. He gives great hugs and does what he says he is going to. Just love Dr. Ghostine.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2018

I thank Dr. Ghostine every day for my back surgery when I was 75 years old. I was experiencing severe sciatica down my right leg, it prevented me from walking or being on my feet for any length of time. I had bulging discs in my spine, he inserted two rods and 11 screws into my back and in a separate procedure, took bone from one side of my body and placed it on the other side. Dr. Ghostine was at UC Irvine Medical Center at that time. That was almost 7 years ago and I am now 82 years old still pain free and line dancing. Thank you Dr. Ghostine!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2018

He fixed a CSF leak from a previous craniotomy, he put me at ease about the upcoming surgery. Was only in the hospital for 2 days, back to normal, very happy.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2018

Comense a tener dolor en las caderas y sentaderas en el 2009. Fui empiorando durante los años y se me intumian mis manos y piernas. El vivir con dolor, ansiedad de no poder hacer nada fue dificil para mi. Varios doctores trataron de todo. Al fin conosi a Dr. Ghostine y me ayudo. Aunque fue dificil desidir hacerme una operacion de espalda el Doctor fue mandado por Dios. Me ayudo a confiar en el y en su trabajo. Ya tengo 2 meses operada tengo clavos en mi espina dorsal donde el doctor me ayudo porque tenia mis nervios muy compresionados y hechos bolas. No tengo dolor y no se me duermen mis manos ni piernas. Dr. Ghostine fue professional, hamable, tomo su tiempo para esplicar lo que iba hacer y platicar conmigo, tomo su tiempo haciendo la operacion osea mucha paciencia. Gracias por su ayuda y dedicacion a mi bien estar. Dios lo siga bendiciendo. My name is Consuelo Lopez and I have a lot to say about this wonderful person. I'm just grateful for no more pain no numbness and better life quality. Thank you for your care and professionalism.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2018

I am a 57 year old male who needed my pinched sciatic nerve in the L2/L3 due to a bulging disc fixed. Dr. Ghostine stepped in and did the job for me! Excellent surgeon, with incredible bedside manner and ability to explain in terms I could understand what he could do for me. I am 3 1/2 weeks post op and am doing excellent and the nerve pain on my rightside is completely gone! I would highly recommend Dr. Ghostine for anything to do with your spine issues! What a gift from God he was to me......

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I am a healthy 68 year old woman and have experienced pain from my back for most of my adult life but it became unbearable. To stand was painful. Sometimes bringing me to sit or lay back down . Surgery suggested was Bilateral microscopic laminectomy, medial facetectomy foraminotomy L3-4 L4-5. Even with all the horror stories from friends and media I did not hesitate. 10 days later and I feel wonderful and am walking pain free. I see people obviously in pain when walking and want to offer them Dr. Ghostine. I would do it again with the same doctor and encourage others to do the same.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Dr. Samer S. Ghostine's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 2002)