You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Samer S. Ghostine

I am a 60 year old male, in good health, with no previous hospitalizations. I was admitted to Riverside Community Hospital in late December after my left leg went completely numb. After an MRI Dr. Ghostine informed me that I would be having emergency back surgery the next morning (laminectomy L3-L5), draining the infection, cleaning a spinal cord abscess; relieving the compression. He told me I may be completely or partially paralyzed, or not paralyzed. Tomorrow is the end of week 8 post-op. I am on the road to recovery. I have been doing PT for the last 3 weeks, and walk without assistance. I am so very grateful that Dr. Samer Ghostine is associated with UC Riverside's School of Medicine, Riverside Community Hospital, and that this exceptional man was my surgeon. He always treated me with respect and compassion as a patient. He was straightforward and honest in his assessment, yet optimistic in the outcome. My wife and I are forever grateful that I was in his care.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

My name is Carlos Franquez, I'm 38 years old, very active, very healthy with no medical conditions. However I was suffering from back pain for about 3 months. I went to different doctors without any of them offering any real help or relief. I was fortunate enough to come into contact with Doctor Ghostine. As soon as he saw me and my MRI, he determined that I needed surgery. Even though he usually books patients 3 weeks in advanced he made it possible for me to have my surgery in about a week after our first appointment. I am so thankful for him and his staff. Surgery went great, I have no pain, I felt that I received the best care in the world and that i was treated with the upmost respect. My family and I are very thankful of everything Dr. Ghostine did for me. We need more people like him in the world. Thank you Dr.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Dr. Ghostine is incredibly caring and knowledgeable and will only do surgeries that you absolutely need. He did my back surgery. I was in so much pain, I couldn't walk without excruciating pain radiating down my lower back and legs. After the surgery, it was like a miracle. Immediate results! If I ever need back or neck surgery, again, I will certainly use Dr. Ghostine. He is also very caring and kind. I highly recommend Dr. Samer Ghostine!!!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

after suffering with back pain for over 30 years and under going three major surgeries and not having very little relief i was able to obtain dr. Goldstein who provided me with a back fusion who has no allowed me to actually live a life without pain this doctor is outstanding and it is one for all other emulate

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

dr ghostine was willing to fix a problem left by a previous meningioma surgery, done by another doctor at another facility. he fixed the CSF leak and now i am back to being normal and living my life. i am glad he is in the Riverside Community Hospital.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr Samer Ghostine operated on our son for emergency brain surgery. He was so compassionate and knowledgeable. He spent time with us after the surgery explaining the details and we felt he was personable and approachable. Today we had an appointment at (UCR Health) his office and our wait was less than 5 minutes! We highly recommend Dr Ghosting and is staff, we are so grateful for his expertise. and bedside manner... Jim Gatherum and family

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

After suffering with severe sciatica for an extended period of time, and winding up using a walker, I met with Dr. Ghostine. He provided me with very clear, understandable options. Following his recommendation, Bi-Lateral Laminectomy, I left the hospital on day 2 following surgery, with absolutely NO sciatic pain. I'm now walking well, and on my way to returning to playing golf.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Trully amazing thanks to Dr Ghostine i can live my life pain freeeeeeee i tell everyone please dont be afraid of getting surgery. I went trough major surgery but i put my life in Dr ghostine hands there no words to describe my whole experience it was just amazing.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

There is nothing but good thing to say about Dr. Ghostine. He was very kind from day one. He made sure my family and I were calm and prepared for what was to come. He performed a back surgery on me and executed it very well. Before this surgery i was not able to stand or feel my legs and was in severe pain. Dr. Ghostine took the correct actions and successfully restored my ability to walk, feel and took care of the pain. I am very pleased with his work and how caring and attentive he is. He visited me everyday after my surgery and checked up on me. He is by far the only doctor to do this for me. He is an excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Dr. Samer S. Ghostine's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 2002)

Kaiser-Permanente
Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a 60 year old male, in good health, with no previous hospitalizations. I was admitted to Riverside Community Hospital in late December after my left leg w..."

February 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My name is Carlos Franquez, I'm 38 years old, very active, very healthy with no medical conditions. However I was suffering from back pain for about 3 months. I..."

February 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ghostine is incredibly caring and knowledgeable and will only do surgeries that you absolutely need. He did my back surgery. I was in so much pain, I coul..."

January 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " after suffering with back pain for over 30 years and under going three major surgeries and not having very little relief i was able to obtain dr. Goldstein who..."

December 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "dr ghostine was willing to fix a problem left by a previous meningioma surgery, done by another doctor at another facility. he fixed the CSF leak and now i am ..."

November 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Samer Ghostine operated on our son for emergency brain surgery. He was so compassionate and knowledgeable. He spent time with us after the surgery explai..."

September 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After suffering with severe sciatica for an extended period of time, and winding up using a walker, I met with Dr. Ghostine. He provided me with very clear, un..."

August 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Trully amazing thanks to Dr Ghostine i can live my life pain freeeeeeee i tell everyone please dont be afraid of getting surgery. I went trough major surgery bu..."

August 20, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "hi dr. Ghostine since i live in dubai i would want you to see me how is it possible doctor?"

August 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "There is nothing but good thing to say about Dr. Ghostine. He was very kind from day one. He made sure my family and I were calm and prepared for what was to co..."

August 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was admitted to Riverside Community Hospital and was met by Dr. Ghostine. He told me I would need cervical surgery or I would have a 90% chance of being paral..."

April 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ghostine laid all of my fears to rest. He took a lot of time explaining my options with spinal surgery being the last. I personally chose surgery. I had ver..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Samer Ghostine saved our son's life. Our son was assaulted in Riverside CA and was brought to the Emergency Room at Riverside Community Hospital unconsciou..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a very bad case of scoliosis. I could not do any chores in the house and was living with extreme pain. In fact I could not walk or stand for very long..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had cervical fusion on my neck in August 2014 by Dr. Ghostine. I was very impressed with him. I was seen in his Hesperia office a few times and each time I ..."

September 22, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=2975769'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.3

February 6, 2014