Ratings for Dr. Evelyn J. Icasiano

I saw Dr. Icasiano for a routine eye exam, then for a LASIK eval. The first time she told me my vision had changed considerably and gave me a new prescription for glasses. When I received them, I had trouble seeing close up and couldn't seemed to adjust, despite the fact that I had been wearing glasses for over 30 years and had never taken more than two or three days to adjust. But she assured me this was due to the change in Rx. She told me I wasn't a candidate for LASIK b/c my vision was so poor. I then when to a different doctor to be eval for contact lenses since she said she didn't fit people for contacts. Turns out that doctor retested me and my vision was almost identical to the old one. Dr. Icasiano was TWO DIOPTERS off, which is a huge difference! I got fitted for contacts with my old/redone prescription and I see perfectly now. They also said I would probably be a LASIK candidate, but I am happy with my contacts so I'm sticking with those.

Submitted July 13, 2014