Ratings for Dr. Thomas P. Whelan

Dr Whelan is an awesome doctor. He really cares and tries to help you. East to talk to and very funny at the same time. He does run behind and you may have to wait a bit but he will spend 45 minutes to 1 hr with you.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Dr Whalen has the best bedside manner I've ever experienced. He's thorough and actually cares about what you're going through. Yes, you may have to wait longer than you'd like, but he is worth the wait. A rare gem in the medical field!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Super Duper Dr. who made me feel extremely comfortable and explained everything since I was so nervous about everything he is worth waiting for. Insurance: Aetna

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

If you don't mind waiting an hour or two in the waiting room, and then another hour in the exam room, then go see him. He's a very friendly guy and that's why his waiting room is so behind schedule. It's not even chatting about medical issues; we've discussed the color of his cabinets, his vacations, etc. He should be a receptionist instead where he can just chat all the time! I think his business grows because of the wait since you get ulcers waiting to see him!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

Very nice Dr. who made me feel extremely comfortable and explained everything since I was so nervous. Knowing MANY people who have had colonoscopys performed by him I have heard that he is superb and I agree and HIGHLY recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2009

While Dr.Whelan is usually late, you don't mind because he spends as much time as necessary with you. He is knowledgeable, very approachable and shows great concern for his patient's welfare. His "bedside" manner if the best! His staff have always been EXTREMELY helpful and have gone out of their way to provide my husband and I with any information we have required.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr Whalen's staff's unwillingness or inability to offer proper counsel prior to having a colonoscopy resulted in an $1800 cost to me. When I asked whether the test was covered by my insurance company, they said it was. When I found out the costs instead went toward my deductible, the staff replied that it was not their job to know their patients' insurance coverages. Subsequent phone calls and letters to them have proved them to be a staff with poor customer relations and a cavalier attitude toward their patients. I will not be returning to Dr Whalen, and he should know that his staff is causing many persons to do the same.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009

Dr. Thomas P. Whelan's Credentials

• University Of Vermont College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)