Ratings for Dr. James E. Barber

I had no problem with delivering my daughter with Dr. Barber. He was on time for appointments and came right away for the birth. He had no problem with my tubal. Now on the other hand, his staff does leave a lot to desire. They sure can make a good and happy experience be a very unpleasant one.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

I had a really bad experience with this doctor. He delivered my first child. Unbeknownst to both of us, I have a rare condition in which I have 2 uteruses and cervixes. The doctor never did realize this, even during exams, ultrasounds, etc. Fortunately, my baby was breech, so I had a c-section. Thank God I did, because if he had let me deliver normally, both me or the baby probably wouldn't have made it. When he did the c-section, he did notice something abnormal about my uterus, but neglected to tell me until about 6 months later. Due to this doctors negligence, I could have lost my baby or my own life. I am still baffled as to how he could have missed this. I will NEVER go back to him EVER!!!!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr Barber ruined my life. He cancled my tubal after giving birth to twins only to insert a 5 year IUD in me called miriana that is DEADLY ruined my life, and almost drove me to taking my life. I had it removed after 5 years of unexplained rage and agoney, and i findout dr's can get a nice 2k drug kick back for giving it to woman!! Never again.. He nor is staff did not educate me at all when the biggest side effect is depression and he sold me on the no side effects and no periods! When I first came to him he knew my sister had just died and I had depression in my family. That is why I wanted no BC. He was not rude and not gental at all.. His staff is rude and lazy.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2008

waiting room waits are long. Staff is "just there" not friendly. Feel like I'm on an assembly line.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2007

My first baby, I was very naive about pregnancy and giving birth which I told him even though I was in my 30's. I had a c-section and he took the staples out after only one day. After a week, my stomach burst open and when I rang at 9.00 in the morning to get him to help me, as I was petrified he said I had to wait until 3.00 that afternoon and at no time did he say I was going to be OK. I am sorry, he did tell me that if I did not want to wait that long to see him just to go to a Quick Care. His nursing staff and receptionist were just as bad. They made me feel bad for wasting their time when I called her crying over my stomach and not knowing what to do. As a result of him taking out my staples early I had to have a home nurse come to my home twice a day and repack my wounds for 6 weeks. Thankyou Doctor.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2007

Wonderful doctor, very professional. Dr. Barber always returned my calls promptly, even on weekends. Took great care of me through both of my pregnancies. I would absolutely recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2007

This doctor was good for a couple years but when a problem came up the doctor nor his office staff never returned any of my calls. Two years after i quite seeing him, his office sent me a bill for a missed appointment that I never made when I called they never returned my call. Somethings never change

flag | Submitted May 29, 2006

Dr. James E. Barber's Credentials

• Univ Of Nv Sch Of Med, Reno Nv 89557 (Grad. 1993)

Harvard-Pilgrim