Ratings for Dr. Sangeeta Shah

She sits and TAKES TIME to talk about all options and possible outcomes for each one. Saved my life (literally) by recognizing serious symptoms during a routine appt and admitted me directly to ICU.

Submitted March 24, 2017

She violated HIPPA law mp by talked with my dad a retired doctor. He went up to the desk asking to speak privately with her before my appiontment . I. Did not approve of that nor was asked to fill out the paper work for that. The front desk person went and told her got my dad back their to talk with her. Never told me anything asked me anything did not examine me explain anything to me. Her nurse twist storys rusted my dad back both vist. Dr.Shah said she was going to wait on the Brian MRI because I was upset, she just order a lower lumber spine it should have been full spine. My dad called her behind my back to have her order the brain MRI. She order it and had them call my dad that it was order I over heard the call. Both wanted to hide it from me. Her nurse said if I don't have it then cancel second appiontment. Do not trust this doctor at all. She nolny looked for MS? Never called the psychical therapist back so they dropped me .

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

I have seen Dr Shah for about 5 years of which she did nothing but refill my meds from my previous doctor--4 of those years I have been taking in reports from my eye doctor saying that there was something going on in my brain affecting my eyes. She wouldn't even look at those reports--handed them back to me and told me to get a different optometrist. My family doctor referred me on to the Mayo Clinic. It took a couple weeks of testing but found out that I have PCA--(posterior cerebrum atrophy) which is a form of alzheimers that affects your optic nerves and eyes! Now I have wasted 4 years that I could have been getting help on this. I would NEVER recommend anyone to see her!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

All she checked for in the brain was MS , did not fully exam me , did not talk with me nor explain anything , or let me talk . She just used in her notes what my dad a retired doctor told her , and what my other doctor findings and lab results , test did not put any of the finding from what she had order down ,

Submitted October 3, 2014